Headphone mic not working while gaming

omar_msd
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2109.172
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
========================================
The headphone mic does not work properly while gaming. My friends cannot hear my voice.
I have done all mic tests and headset mic test and all of them pass
I have started encountering this issue once my phone installed the last automatic system update on Saturday.
Please help.
18 REPLIES 18

omar_msd
Star II
thomasborysiak

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191736#Comment_191736

I'm suspecting you were on A10 😊 they broke couple things in A11 and I've reverted back to A10....

If you want to know how to do that I can help 😉

View post
Yes please how can i do that

thomasborysiak
Star III
Check deadlyindian thread on xda in xda RogPhone3 guides forum (can't post links yet sorry) and let me know if you got it. Remember you need to use side port to get fastboot connection with your pc.
There is also ww img available on asus website to downgrade as they know they fu** this up. Not sure if it will work for you. And last thing make backup of your data as everything will get wiped. I'm using swift backup but I'm rooted.

omar_msd
Star II
thomasborysiak

Check deadlyindian thread on xda in xda RogPhone3 guides forum (can't post links yet sorry) and let me know if you got it. Remember you need to use side port to get fastboot connection with your pc.

There is also ww img available on asus website to downgrade as they know they fu** this up. Not sure if it will work for you. And last thing make backup of your data as everything will get wiped. I'm using swift backup but I'm rooted.

View post
Thank you for your help mate

omar_msd
Star II
Hello everyone, just to sum it up.
When my phone updated the software automatically to the latest version, i have started to face issues with the mic only while gaming (people cannot hear me clearly or sometimes it does not work at all).
I have tried everything on the phone from checking the mic permissions and the settings on the phone to factory resetting it three times to no avail.
The issue has been resolved eventually when i downgraded the firmware on my device from the latest version to 18.0410.2108.158.
Thank you for your feedback guys.