This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the worst smartphone company in terms of updates?

nikeshkopa2
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2
Firmware Version: Android 9
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just saw a news about Xiaomi A3 getting the security patch for October 2021 and I think I cried a little seeing that. Xiaomi despite all its ads, poor security and other shenanigans, still is leagues ahead of Asus in terms of providing updates for their phones. Their smartphones catalogue is vastly bigger than that of Asus and still they're able to provide updates for a phone that was launched in July 2019.
My Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is on Android 9 and for a guy who used to have Nexus 5 this is very sad. I thought being a stock android device it would certainly get few updates. But no, I was wrong!
Heck, Asus won't even let me root my device and run a custom ROM on it.
This is the worst smartphone brand I've ever used and not only I would never use its phone anymore, I won't let anybody else use it too.
4 REPLIES 4

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, any news and announcement about updates will be shared once it is ready. Request you to stay tuned.

parthibanm19
Star III
fussion_ASUS

Hi, any news and announcement about updates will be shared once it is ready. Request you to stay tuned.

View post
I have one doubt. Frankly tell do you have developers or not. Because last 10 months updated not released. If you want developers please tell we will arrange developers to you. @fussion_ASUS

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Max pro series have long been abondoned
zenfone 5z (flagship) support is End Of Life too.
Only zenfone 6 and above will get regular fotas.
Idk why you all are still waiting for android 10,max pro series has been disbanded and it was an entry level device afterall 2 yr support period is already over.

Max_Pro1
Star II
Asus is planning to update max pro series to android 12. So don't wait for 10.
😆