This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low fps for the asus tuf dash FX516PM i5-11300h, RTX 3060, 8GB RAM

wdestanislao
Star I
When playing games like valorant my fps is around 80-90 why is it like this? I expected more fps my friend is rocking the i3-7100 gt 1030 and yet he gets 120 fps. I already optimized my settings in game and the hardware. When playing my gpu usage is always 15% on the rtx 3060 and 20% on the iGPU can and the cpu usage is 60-80 on msi burner but on task manager its 100% cpu usage. I am on turbo mode and everything already. I'm playing on 144hz so its really painful having low fps like this
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Have you set the game to be run by NV card in the Nvidia graphic control?
Do you get steady 80-90 fps or it is fluctuating? and the temperature of the device when playing?
Thank you.

wdestanislao
Star I
The temperature usually never goes up to 70% on both gpu and cpu usually the cpu stays on 66-68 and the gpu is barely moving on 61% and yes the fps is always flactuation even when not moving its like going to 111 frames and the next second its at 90 and repeat and yes On my control panel its on the NV card and what i've seen on youtube comments is that my fps could go really higher if I upgraded ram i think thats the best fix in my opinion but shouldnt i get more fps even at 8 gb still?

wdestanislao
Star I
image.png
I turned off hyper threading at the bios because I don't think it gave me more fps instead gave me less and also my cpu temperature when I have it on is around 77 sometimes even going up to 80 the photo above is without hyper threading

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
I don't think RAM is the issue....and your temperature and usage seems fine.
Other things that might affect FPS could be the internet.
Does the game lag? or just doesn't look good.
Thank you.