This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about charging port and power button.

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So my phone power button is so hard to press, it doesn't have clicking noise like that and my charging port has been losen. so I went to the service centre and they told me for the power button it comes with the display and for the charging port, the mainboard should be replaced so it will cost fifteen thousand. Is this true? my phone is in the service centre and they told me that they will check it.
8 REPLIES 8

thomasborysiak
Star III
They lying to you according to jerry video from teardown. Have a look in 6.40sec he's pulling out charging port.

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
thomasborysiak

They lying to you according to jerry video from teardown. Have a look in 6.40sec he's pulling out charging port.

View post
And regarding the display thing?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
kompellavedanth

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So my phone power button is so hard to press, it doesn't have clicking noise like that and my charging port has been losen. so I went to the service centre and they told me for the power button it comes with the display and for the charging port, the mainboard should be replaced so it will cost fifteen thousand. Is this true? my phone is in the service centre and they told me that they will check it.

Question about charging port and power button.
The bottom charging port is seperate from the logicboard, however the sideport is soldered direcly to the logicboard, so depending on which port we're talking about the answer will vary.
That being said I have an extremely hard time imagining you having a loose port, the ports on the Rog3 are ridicolously solid, I think you just had dirt in either your port or whatever cable you're using. I suggest using a toothpick to pull the gunk out, I do that every 6 months on mine as well when the cables start getting loose.
As for buttons on display...
084.png
The buttons have a small PCB that go aloneside the side with a ribbon cable that then proceeds to route on the bottom half of the logicboard. I made this with my pro paint skills:
ribbon.png

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
hello, I'm talking about botton port and yes I have tried cleaning it but no luck.