This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenfone 8 RAMDUMP ISSUE

AdamSweden
Star I
I also got a problem with Zenfone Ramdup issue.
What to do ASUS?
8 REPLIES 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
@Irene2_ASUS
Do you know when Asus will let us know what is the root cause of ramdump on Zenfone 8?
Many cases reported here, probably a lot more not reported on zentalk and still silence....

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
lukasz.szabelski

@Irene2_ASUS

Do you know when Asus will let us know what is the root cause of ramdump on Zenfone 8?

Many cases reported here, probably a lot more not reported on zentalk and still silence....

View post
They wont because there is likely no root cause, it could be anything. As Gustav_Asus, said, it is a symptom for when something goes bad, similar to a blue screen on Windows. It could be related to anything, in fact, some ramdump cases were able to boot back to android. So consider it like a blue screen that could mean the phone is dead (or it just crashed)

pio_zen
Rising Star II
Or it is a hardware issue related to motherboard design. Afair it is two-sided board not two boards glued together.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Adaoh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191056#Comment_191056

They wont because there is likely no root cause, it could be anything. As Gustav_Asus, said, it is a symptom for when something goes bad, similar to a blue screen on Windows. It could be related to anything, in fact, some ramdump cases were able to boot back to android. So consider it like a blue screen that could mean the phone is dead (or it just crashed)

View post
First case reported on the forum took place in September. Since then, asus has released several system updates. It didn't in any way stop further faults. Unfortunately, I don't think it is a software problem - the more that the website is replacing the motherboard, so the problem is with the hardware. That's not good news for the owners...