This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone freezes/restarts during phone calls

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
I've had my Zenfone 8 for a week and a half and keep running into an odd bug. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts within 2 minutes of starting the call. This doesn't happen with bluetooth headphones, nor when using the earpiece of the Zenfone 8. I've tried multiple wired headphones, and the issue persists. I'm on the most recent software update, and this persists after a factory reset.
Has anyone else encountered this bug? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
31 REPLIES 31

Siv
Star II
Anyone know of there are some in depth patch notes to patch 30.12.112.36? Noticed significant performance and battery life improvements

Chris1
Rising Star II
Yes, same thing for battery life.

mattisx
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi,

This issue has been addressed in the latest firmware update 30.12.112.22.

Let me know if you are still experiencing this after updating your device.

View post
I have the same problem. Bought the phone a few weeks ago and it sometimes restarts when in a call using wired headphones.
It has occured 3 times today. I have firmware ver. 30.12.112.36.

leonardov7
Star I
Hello @Irene2_ASUS , I bought my Zenfone 8 last week, updated to the latest firmware 30.12.112.36 and started making calls with headphones (one of the reasons why I bought the Zenfone, because it has a headphone jack). It shuts down after a couple of seconds and I need to turn the phone on again. I sent it back to the company so that they would send me a new phone, thinking it was a production error, they sent me a new phone, and I have exactly the same problem. I went online and found this forum, so see that its a more common problem. Can you tell me if this will be fixed soon? I don't want to have a phone that shuts down during calls with headphones. Thanks!

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @leonardov7 @mattisx @StaggeredAmusement
Please check you personal inbox, I will PM you and request you all new logs to continue investigating this.
Thank you!