This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 G on ZenFone 7

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Can someone please tell me what happens when you put two 5 G Sim cards in a ZenFone 7,as in can I access mobile data on both Sim cards,one being a Telstra the other a Vodafone,or is Sim one the only slot that can access mobile data??

11 REPLIES 11

Roystoys
Zen Master III
So what does 5 g do better than 4 g+ ?
I'm not trying to be a smart a$& I am just not sure what to look for now that I have 5 G capabilities?
I have done some tests from different areas eg 5 G suburbs vs 4 G suburbs and it's hard to say what the difference is .
Am I missing something here? Is 5 G better for gaming,I'm not a gamer, or video streaming ?

topolov
Rising Star II
Roystoys

So what does 5 g do better than 4 g+ ?

I'm not trying to be a smart a$& I am just not sure what to look for now that I have 5 G capabilities?

I have done some tests from different areas eg 5 G suburbs vs 4 G suburbs and it's hard to say what the difference is .

Am I missing something here? Is 5 G better for gaming,I'm not a gamer, or video streaming ?

View post
5G supposed to have less latency and better speed. Real performance will depend on many factors.
Yes, it's important for gamers, streamers etc where speed and latency are really important.

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
there is a difference between sub-6GHz and mmWave, from my understanding sub-6GHz is more like 4G++ and mmWave is the "real" 5G improvement with much lower latency and much higher speed

Roystoys
Zen Master III
topolov

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191108#Comment_191108

5G supposed to have less latency and better speed. Real performance will depend on many factors.

Yes, it's important for gamers, streamers etc where speed and latency are really important.

View post
I thought so I do stream video via Miracast in my van and I have to admit that it doesn't freeze for a couple of seconds like it uses to .

Roystoys
Zen Master III
martin.stavinoha87

there is a difference between sub-6GHz and mmWave, from my understanding sub-6GHz is more like 4G++ and mmWave is the "real" 5G improvement with much lower latency and much higher speed

View post
Ok thanks for that. I don't really understand about mmwave and latency so I'll do some googling and teach myself a little.