This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
Instead of arguing with each other let's just ignore those who find a few consumers here as whiners, they can get their answers elsewhere. They clearly have enough money to spare and are quite ok to have a phone that only last a few months.
Not surprise there are more and more victims everyday, regardless of percentages we can't really know how many units were sold globally but quality is the question here. I've used other phone brands and never seen quite a number having the same issue, seems fairly consistent.
Sure phones break for a lot of reasons but not all with the same reason? That raises a lot of questions.
I agree with a few to just seek legal advice against Asus, clearly our voices are falling on deaf ears with this company.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Duen

My wife just called me from her laptop and showed me the issue with the phone. It's 2 months old. I work at the store it was bought in, will post again with whatever info I can get from the workshop. Might take 2-3 weeks.

Signed up here just to post for visibility/stats on the issue.

Edit: Just went through our service tool, there are 14 cases in the Nordic countries from the same store chain. First happened in August.

View post
You have interesting data 🙂 Remember that they don't take into account the cases when the user reports directly to asus service, skipping the store.

almiz
Star II
Today I got a "ramdump" error on my phone. The phone was bought on Aliexpress with delivery to Russia. Replacing the motherboard in a service center is equal to the cost of the phone. I ask ASUS representatives to give an answer when there will be a solution to this problem?

Duen
Star II
daniel91m

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/190989#Comment_190989

You have interesting data 🙂 Remember that they don't take into account the cases when the user reports directly to asus service, skipping the store.

View post
This is true. We don't really sell many of these phones at all in our stores. Also this is just one store chain in the Nordics. I'd say the failure rate is pretty high. MFD on our device is 05/2021 if that helps any statistics.
There's a small crack on the screen, can't wait for them to reject the service because of that. Not my fault phones are designed the way they are, they're going to fix it and you bet it won't cost me anything.

marzvin
Rising Star II
almiz

Today I got a "ramdump" error on my phone. The phone was bought on Aliexpress with delivery to Russia. Replacing the motherboard in a service center is equal to the cost of the phone. I ask ASUS representatives to give an answer when there will be a solution to this problem?

View post
Numbers are definitely going up, at least 2 devices a day, Asus should just recall this lemon!