PST2021
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: .138
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: High
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Majority of Apps
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi I am facing black crush issue. I have purchased the device in Oct 2021 and is running on Android 11, FW .138 but having black crush. Please help how to resolve it.
19 REPLIES 19

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I understand you. Let's say that basically, they are not worth doing it ... they prefer to spend money developing new devices with the problem solved, to fixing an old one.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

I understand you. Let's say that basically, they are not worth doing it ... they prefer to spend money developing new devices with the problem solved, to fixing an old one.

View post
Its not that simple..the problem of the colorbanding and black crush is very much spread. Even devices like the oneplus 8 pro, google pixel 2xl, several samsung phones and the realme gt2 have the same display problems.

ayaz
Star II
Will Asus ever comment on this issue? It's quite embarrassing that they're simply ignoring a whole forum full of threads of the same complaint..
Or do we need to patch this ourselves as a community?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ayaz

Will Asus ever comment on this issue? It's quite embarrassing that they're simply ignoring a whole forum full of threads of the same complaint..

Or do we need to patch this ourselves as a community?

View post
The thing is, they arent ignoring it, they STILL try to fix it, the flickering people were complaining about on .158 was because ASUS was trying to somehow fix it.
But because they cannot touch the calibration they try to fix it via other means, hence we see some updates that do funky things with the display such as black -> gray and flickering thing. At least thats my theory as they clearly keep derping around the display but wont touch any calibration stuff

ayaz
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191855#Comment_191855

The thing is, they arent ignoring it, they STILL try to fix it, the flickering people were complaining about on .158 was because ASUS was trying to somehow fix it.

But because they cannot touch the calibration they try to fix it via other means, hence we see some updates that do funky things with the display such as black -> gray and flickering thing. At least thats my theory as they clearly keep derping around the display but wont touch any calibration stuff

View post
Yeah I get that flickering even on the latest update.. in Waze in dark lighting conditions it goes red tint and yellow tint and flickers between them.
There should be way of calibrating this ourselves or as a community, figure out a way around it.