tobeyhawk1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: second time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
i have my rog phone 5 for around a month or two now. my problem is when i leave it while charging while im asleep. when i wake up the phone turns off completely. it cant be turn on, charged(no led indicator), and wont force restart like people said. this happened to my phone also 2 days ago when i wake up the phone cant be turned on but after waiting for an hour i charged it and it works. but now it doesnt i've been waiting for like 5 hours and the phone still cant be turned on nor charged. can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it thankyou
1 REPLY 1

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Bad habit of charging the phone while you sleep with a 65w charger if you don't use a cut-off charge with the programmed slow or super slow charge or better with an external device.
That said, try several things (and to have tested, wait at least 5min (or 15 min with the USB port of a pc) for the indicator to light up if the rog 5 is really at zero battery.
Try another charger, as standard as possible from an old phone except oneplus, oppo
Try a USB port on a PC
Physically disconnect the ASUS charger from the mains and reconnect it after 5 minutes then try to charge the Rog 5 again
If none of these tests gives any result, I think we will have to go through the Asus Service.