cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

mattapeldoorn
Star I
Any asus reps care to reply to my comment and the one directly below it about Telstra network in Australia. Everything is enabled according to them. Have even gone down the line of downloading a third party app from another forum that enables both these features to the phone so they actually display now. Still don't have either feature. Currently having to run a $100 Motorola at work just so I can call and text home. Absolutely ridiculous. Surely it's not that hard to enable. Surely it's not that hard to respond to your users and customers.... Essentially left 800 AUD out of pocket with a phone that's useless for me for work. Well done Asus. Build a great smartphone and forget possibly the simplest feature.
Let's remember that your building a phone over anything else. Phones are designed to call and text before they run our lives and take pictures

Alex_s
Rising Star I
Without doing anything, I suddenly have WiFi call enabled.
Deutsche Telekom Germany

MisterDams
Star I
Hi, French user on SFR network, I got VoLTE immediately but WiFi calling wasn't showing in the Settings. Operator's website showed that the option was subscribed for my account, so I looked for help on forums.
I found out that entering a shortcode in the dialer app (*#*#3642623344#*#*) enabled the feature and I got the menu to appear. I enabled WiFi calling and it worked perfectly (icon, settings, and calls). I can switch from VoLTE to VoWiFi or use either Home of Office WiFi network without any trouble for days/weeks, maybe months.
But every time I reboot the phone, the feature is disabled and I have to enter the shortcode again. Is there any way to make it permanent ?
Thanks !

What about VoLTE on the Cellcom carrier in Israel?

Trawar
Star III
So my problem is solved, since yesterday night my zenfone is gone.
It wan´t start it wan´t charge, charge LED is also off.
During charging it went off and thats it.
Painfull 3 Months but now I am going back to Samsung.

Thank you for nothing Asus.