PST2021
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: .138
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: High
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Majority of Apps
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi I am facing black crush issue. I have purchased the device in Oct 2021 and is running on Android 11, FW .138 but having black crush. Please help how to resolve it.
19 REPLIES 19

Hydemus
Star III
Welcome to black crush club...

shreepatsitap1
Star III
What about red tint in low brightness

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
There is much talk that it can be a licensing problem, and that pixelworks can sue asus if they change the calibration without their consent, but, if the blackcrush is a licensing problem, I think it is Asus who should report or sue pixelworks for doing a lousy screen calibration. Due to a poor pixelworks calibration, Asus is having serious problems with one of its flagship devices. In addition Asus will have paid to obtain the pixelworks license, they promised Asus a specific calibration, and they have done it wrong. They are damages that we are all paying, Asus included.

gokulzetakharco
Star II
@Jesp.r im just bought a rog 3 two days ago after recent update still i'm facing color banding issue apart from that the display looks warmer when looking straight while side angle it looks normal kinda cool tone . i'm changing splendid settings but it all same, 'natural' looks okay but not satisfying. any other things i will check on my ?

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Jesp.r

There is much talk that it can be a licensing problem, and that pixelworks can sue asus if they change the calibration without their consent, but, if the blackcrush is a licensing problem, I think it is Asus who should report or sue pixelworks for doing a lousy screen calibration. Due to a poor pixelworks calibration, Asus is having serious problems with one of its flagship devices. In addition Asus will have paid to obtain the pixelworks license, they promised Asus a specific calibration, and they have done it wrong. They are damages that we are all paying, Asus included.

View post
@ARP_ASUS @gusta_cm