This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

daniel91m
Rising Star II
balogh.csongor

Hello happy and unhappy users,

My Zenfone8 got the issue on 1 Oct 2021, Friday night.. MFD is 2021.04. 8GB RAM, 256GB storage. I would be 35ish in the list? Here's how it all went:

I did my internet investigation that pointed to this thread (thanks btw guys!) and to the supposedly HW issue.

I've contacted official Asus support, and with no delay (Monday) got the instruction to contact my local authorized service center.

I've presented the issue there and with no delay, next day, free shipment was arranged. Packed the phone and copy of documents and away it goes.

Confirmation of arrival, diagnostics, manufacturer sync and replacement parts ordering was all step by step confirmed within 2 days.

Parts arrival and successful repair confirmation took 4 business days. Repair states motherboard swap.

Packaging, shipment back to me took 2 days.

I haven't fully test the device yet, it performs as before for now.

Of course my non backed up data is gone. This applies to any of my devices, like SSDs for ex. Back up important data at least in 3 copies, 2 separate device types, 1 shall be off site. Never fully trust as failsafe any complex HW device nor SW solution, this applies to Asus, Samsung, Apple, all! Only statistics can tell which product is more likely reliable in the long therm, do the research accordingly. I did this to my more important stuff like laptop and car.

I was early adopter on this Zenfone8 because I fell in love with the flagship specs, great camera in a compact form factor, android. And I only buy phones with a headphone jack, period! Respect for Asus for standing up to the usual marketing and upselling BS that grows like cancer at other companies!

For now this seems to me like any other accidental bug in any project. I'm sure there is a task force analyzing the root cause (imo could be anything inhouse or at component suppliers, chip shortage doesn't help at quality aspect) and some day we will have a comprehensive statement from Asus regarding this issue. And I am also passive-agressively curious!

The service procedure for me seemed mature.

I'll post if the phone will prove to not perform as expected after repair.

I will continue enjoying this phone, but will have backups like always when ex. leaving with the kids and relying on GPS or something.

Cheers,

Csongor, (location Romania)

View post
you have number 37 🙂

vermeulnick
Star I
vermeulnick

Why why why😥... looks like I'm number 35 on the list.

This morning I woke up because of the illuminated screen.

MTD 05.2021 - Rampdump 6 October 2021

20211006-091440.jpg

View post
My Zenfone has been repaired (resend within a day after arrival at the repair center). Repair details:
Problem/Symptom: Gap abnormally/Mechanism interference
Action: Add or replace new parts can solve the problem
Replace Parts: LCD COVER

And my (soft) screenprotector is gone.
So I guess the motherboard didn't cause the Ramdump error?

cyupacabura47
Star I
Yesterday seemed to fall same pit....
From Japan
1634156301043.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@cyupacabura47 I've sent you a PM, please check your inbox here on Zentalk.

cyupacabura47

Yesterday seemed to fall same pit....

From Japan

1634156301043.jpg

View post
I have the same problem