This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 vs Rog 5 Best sound?

anderiks
Star I
I just got my zenfone 8 one day ago and it was such an anticlimax. I love that it offers a 3.5mm jack and I have heard and read that the Asus Zenfone 8 should have top of the line audio. But it was worse audio than my old Samsung S20. But now when I read more I can see that Asus Rog 5 is supposed to have better audio than the Zenfone 8. Is this true? does the Asus rog 5 have better audio? (or is Asus Rog 5 also plagued by the bad audio program in the phone? as the asus zenfone)
I want to know if I should send this one back and ask for a Asus Rog 5 instead? I have that option.
10 REPLIES 10

anderiks
Star I
Sweet! Thanks for getting back to me. I'm getting the Rog 5

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anderiks

Sweet! Thanks for getting back to me. I'm getting the Rog 5

View post
Great 🙂
Just an FYI don't expect a lot from Rog phone's cameras and software updates that's what the Zenfone lineup does better
Rog phone has it's strong suits in terms of performance,battery,audio and a great multimedia phone overall
And the probable reason your headphones sounded "muffled" and not too good is that you're using an high impedance headphone which the standard dac on Zenfone 8 isn't able to drive properly
This shouldn't be an issue on the ess dac on Rog 5
One alternative with the Zenfone 8 is that you can get an external dac but that's totally your call

anderiks
Star I
I hate that I have to choose between cameras and audio to be honest. I'm both an Audiophole and a cameraholic. I'm usually taking landscape pictures with the camera. But maybe time to buy a system camera then :).

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anderiks

I hate that I have to choose between cameras and audio to be honest. I'm both an Audiophole and a cameraholic. I'm usually taking landscape pictures with the camera. But maybe time to buy a system camera then :).

View post
Rog phone doesn't have a bad camera by any regards but the software algorithm on the Zenfone is better that I'd say and lack of ois on rog would be noticeable in low light shots
As things stand you'll have to make a choice sadly between Zenfone and Rog
What's more important faster updates and camera or audio quality and battery?
Form factor and design is something else of a personal preference

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Hey so finalised what to get?