Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to BIOS despite valid credentials

System: Vivobook 14
Battery or AC: Battery or AC
Model: x412DA
Frequency of occurrence: Manual login
Reset OS: Not related, but have performed the reset.
Screenshot or video: Blue Password prompt screen
========================
Detailed description:
I'd set administrator password to login into BIOS few months back. I'd logged into BIOS couple of times to verify my login (Credentials stored in password manager, hence no way of forgetting the password). There was a BIOS update which I did, however, when I try to login using the same credentials to install Windows 11, it won't let me in. I try 3 times (max. of no.. of attempts before restarting using power button). Please let me know how do I get into BIOS.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
kumarsanjeev82
  1. System: Vivobook 14
  2. Battery or AC: Battery or AC
  3. Model: x412DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Manual login
  5. Reset OS: Not related, but have performed the reset.
  6. Screenshot or video: Blue Password prompt screen

========================

Detailed description:

I'd set administrator password to login into BIOS few months back. I'd logged into BIOS couple of times to verify my login (Credentials stored in password manager, hence no way of forgetting the password). There was a BIOS update which I did, however, when I try to login using the same credentials to install Windows 11, it won't let me in. I try 3 times (max. of no.. of attempts before restarting using power button). Please let me know how do I get into BIOS.

Thanks.

Unable to login to BIOS despite valid credentials
@kumarsanjeev82
Unfortunately, if you cannot enter the BIOS normally, I would like to suggest you to bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.