This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

daniel91m
Rising Star II
jakislogin2

@mrsannoyed no, I'm not affected yet. But if I were, I'd rather seek for some valuable information rather than empathy, sympathy or 26 pages of threats to sue Asus.

IMO mods should split this thread into a "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - technical observations" thread and "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - victim thread". That way, people who want to complain can continue to do so uninterrupted by people who want to share some insights that may actually help solving the problem.

View post
You are right - but the technical thread would be empty. No one from Asus will come forward with this case. Let me just remind you - this thread was merged by ASUS mods. Users will not investigate the problem on their own either. If you want a technical thread, you can create it. Maybe this time mods will allow your "tech" thread to be present. I'd love to read about your investigation into this, too.
I don't understand why you complain about people when ramdump doesn't concern you - it's a bit like hypocrisy. Sorry, you didn't write anything creative in this thread yourself.
I wish you all the best and more empathy for people.
PS one thing I have to admit - some forum users write the same thing over and over again, unnecessarily.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
jakislogin2

@mrsannoyed no, I'm not affected yet. But if I were, I'd rather seek for some valuable information rather than empathy, sympathy or 26 pages of threats to sue Asus.

IMO mods should split this thread into a "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - technical observations" thread and "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - victim thread". That way, people who want to complain can continue to do so uninterrupted by people who want to share some insights that may actually help solving the problem.

View post
@jakislogin2 if what you are after is answers from Asus then might as well email/message the company/mods directly. If you are here to find answer from fellow consumers then you are looking at the wrong thread, not everyone here are tech savvy so as a technical person you might want to check XDA or other more techy forums instead.
Most of the people here are normal consumers, sure devices will break down at some point but would any expect a phone to brick which just a few months of use? With regards to repairs, you are generalizing things here...some people are shunned away by their local service centers even though they are entitled to a warranty. It just shows that Asus will try to get away with things if they can, if you just accept what they say good for them.
People here are just sharing their experiences not just with the phone itself but with the company also, so if you think we are whinny you can go to other forums instead of putting people down just because they are unhappy with how they are being treated as customers by Asus.
Anyway I'm not here to argue with anyone so I'm glad that you didn't experience this issue yet and I pray it will stay that way.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
daniel91m

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189760#Comment_189760

You are right - but the technical thread would be empty. No one from Asus will come forward with this case. Let me just remind you - this thread was merged by ASUS mods. Users will not investigate the problem on their own either. If you want a technical thread, you can create it. Maybe this time mods will allow your "tech" thread to be present. I'd love to read about your investigation into this, too.

I don't understand why you complain about people when ramdump doesn't concern you - it's a bit like hypocrisy. Sorry, you didn't write anything creative in this thread yourself.

I wish you all the best and more empathy for people.

PS one thing I have to admit - some forum users write the same thing over and over again, unnecessarily.

View post
Yes you are right! The solution should come from Asus and not from us, so if a few come here expecting solution or a statement from fellow consumers then what's the use of Asus here? Means they make a faulty product and don't take responsibility and let consumers figure it out themselves? We keep pushing and urging Asus here is because we want to hold them responsible, if issue is caused by firmware update from Google then at least release a statement that issue wasn't caused by their own products/software.
We all can dig through all the recent posts here, did we see any recent response from @Gustav_ASUS or anyone else from Asus or did we notice that they are just ignoring customers? Did anyone of them said "we are aware of the problem and the tech team is looking into it" unfortunately none of that...So is that how customer service is supposed to be like? When customers ask just ignore them?

atoia68
Rising Star I
I want my money back !!!! the smartphone has several anomalies !!!! They want their smartphone back for the second time in assistance to reopen it and do their experiments !!!! As a buyer I repeat myself !!!! I want my money back !!!

Hello happy and unhappy users,
My Zenfone8 got the issue on 1 Oct 2021, Friday night.. MFD is 2021.04. 8GB RAM, 256GB storage. I would be 35ish in the list? Here's how it all went:
I did my internet investigation that pointed to this thread (thanks btw guys!) and to the supposedly HW issue.
I've contacted official Asus support, and with no delay (Monday) got the instruction to contact my local authorized service center.
I've presented the issue there and with no delay, next day, free shipment was arranged. Packed the phone and copy of documents and away it goes.
Confirmation of arrival, diagnostics, manufacturer sync and replacement parts ordering was all step by step confirmed within 2 days.
Parts arrival and successful repair confirmation took 4 business days. Repair states motherboard swap.
Packaging, shipment back to me took 2 days.
I haven't fully test the device yet, it performs as before for now.
Of course my non backed up data is gone. This applies to any of my devices, like SSDs for ex. Back up important data at least in 3 copies, 2 separate device types, 1 shall be off site. Never fully trust as failsafe any complex HW device nor SW solution, this applies to Asus, Samsung, Apple, all! Only statistics can tell which product is more likely reliable in the long therm, do the research accordingly. I did this to my more important stuff like laptop and car.
I was early adopter on this Zenfone8 because I fell in love with the flagship specs, great camera in a compact form factor, android. And I only buy phones with a headphone jack, period! Respect for Asus for standing up to the usual marketing and upselling BS that grows like cancer at other companies!
For now this seems to me like any other accidental bug in any project. I'm sure there is a task force analyzing the root cause (imo could be anything inhouse or at component suppliers, chip shortage doesn't help at quality aspect) and some day we will have a comprehensive statement from Asus regarding this issue. And I am also passive-agressively curious!
The service procedure for me seemed mature.
I'll post if the phone will prove to not perform as expected after repair.
I will continue enjoying this phone, but will have backups like always when ex. leaving with the kids and relying on GPS or something.
Cheers,
Csongor, (location Romania)