cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone Max Pro M1 battery drain issue in idle state

agnisen07
Star I
Hi,
For these past couple of weeks, I am facing a sudden drop in battery in the idle state in my Zenfone Max Pro M1. I am running Android 9, with the latest security update as provided by Asus.
I switch off my phone before going to sleep (12:00am) with the battery % at around 68-70, and when I wake up at around 9:00am, there is not enough battery to even switch the phone ON.
Surprisingly this issue was not there before around say 3 weeks or so. I have not installed any new apps or changed anything in the settings. The battery drop has been a bit more with normal usage as well lately. My phone is around 3 years old.
Please suggest whether it is due to a faulty battery or any software issue. I will update my post with a detailed battery stat image and also after calibrating my battery. But, for now can anyone please suggest a solution?

Thanks for any kind of help/advice you can provide.
Peace

1 REPLY 1

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, when you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same.

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager.