This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio is poor (quiet, muffled/grainy) when connected to bluetooth and watching videos in any app or

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: currently all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bluetooth, any video streaming, browser or app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Yesterday it was fine... today I connect to the car via Bluetooth and it connects, but music only plays through the phone in a weak, grainy/muffled way. You can make calls via Bluetooth and that plays through the car, but not music. It also doesn't matter what program/app you use (Spotify, multiple MP3 players, YouTube, etc.)
For this issue I have tried restart, power cycle (multiple of both the car and phone), drop and remake both Bluetooth profiles, leave both off for an extended time and try again, checked for system updates (none) - nothing works.

The second part of this issue is when you're not connected to bluetooth and just want to watch something on the phone, the video audio is weak and grainy/muffled. It doesn't matter if it's YouTube, Prime, Netflix, browser based streaming - all videos. I have tried the same video on a different phone, only the Asus ROG 3 is having the issue.
To try and fix this issue, same stuff as above. Checked for updates (none), restart, cycled lower, left off and tried again, tried multiple apps and browser streaming locations - nothing works.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

ronald1985
Community Legend I
bryan_farquharson

Sound is fine in safe mode. Updated all applications and deleted any new ones near to when this issue started. Performed power cycle, issue still present.

View post
Not an ideal suggestion, but probably with doing a factory reset. If it works in safe mode, it suggest it's probably a conflicting app but we won't know until you install one by one. Or if you prefer, uninstall one by one.
But I would suggest full factory reset though.

sobrain123
Star I
i have the same problem. it keep bothering me that the audio seem to be not normal. when connect to bluetooth earphone, the audio still come from the phone. and the audio quality not good/ very slow ,exactly like bryan_farquhason explaination.
When i factory reset, the audio become normal.after a while about 5-6 hours ,the audio will problem again.btw i not install any apps.

sobrain123
Star I
Heyyyy,i found the solution. After a lot of try and error. Finally i found the root cause.it problem cause by the application.My Alibaba apps cause this problem. When i uninstall it the problem solve. When install it back the problem wilo comeback. So...i think who have the same problem,maybe 1 of your apps cause this issue..

Colex08
Star I
sobrain123

Heyyyy,i found the solution. After a lot of try and error. Finally i found the root cause.it problem cause by the application.My Alibaba apps cause this problem. When i uninstall it the problem solve. When install it back the problem wilo comeback. So...i think who have the same problem,maybe 1 of your apps cause this issue..

View post
Thanks alot, your solution just saved me from lots of try & error!
It does clash with alibaba app. Become immediately normal after clearing the app data from alibaba.
Hope asus can look and rectify this issue soon.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Colex08

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/190135#Comment_190135

Thanks alot, your solution just saved me from lots of try & error!

It does clash with alibaba app. Become immediately normal after clearing the app data from alibaba.

Hope asus can look and rectify this issue soon.

View post
sobrain123

View post
Do you both have Alibaba app to have microphone access? If so, denying the permission should remove the app's ability to access the mic completely.
As a tip, an app should not be given permission if its not necessary.