This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 vs Rog 5 Best sound?

anderiks
Star I
I just got my zenfone 8 one day ago and it was such an anticlimax. I love that it offers a 3.5mm jack and I have heard and read that the Asus Zenfone 8 should have top of the line audio. But it was worse audio than my old Samsung S20. But now when I read more I can see that Asus Rog 5 is supposed to have better audio than the Zenfone 8. Is this true? does the Asus rog 5 have better audio? (or is Asus Rog 5 also plagued by the bad audio program in the phone? as the asus zenfone)
I want to know if I should send this one back and ask for a Asus Rog 5 instead? I have that option.
10 REPLIES 10

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Can you tell exactly why it's worse.
Are you using wireless or wired headphone?
Afaik the rog 5 should has better audio with wired due to much better dac but not sure about wireless

anderiks
Star I
I have only tested with the 3.5 mm jack. Maybe the 3.5mm jack is much worse than what I would get with earbuds? (i dropped my earbuds so cant test that right now)
Using the 3.5mm jack with the zenfone 8 is really bad. The sound is muffled. No clarity at all. I would go so far and say that this is the worst 3.5mm jack sound experience in a very long time.
So the Asus Rog 5 would have better audio when using the 3.5 mm jack? that would be important to me, since I use the 3.5mm jack at work.

anderiks
Star I
Anyone else knows?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anderiks

I just got my zenfone 8 one day ago and it was such an anticlimax. I love that it offers a 3.5mm jack and I have heard and read that the Asus Zenfone 8 should have top of the line audio. But it was worse audio than my old Samsung S20. But now when I read more I can see that Asus Rog 5 is supposed to have better audio than the Zenfone 8. Is this true? does the Asus rog 5 have better audio? (or is Asus Rog 5 also plagued by the bad audio program in the phone? as the asus zenfone)

I want to know if I should send this one back and ask for a Asus Rog 5 instead? I have that option.

Zenfone 8 vs Rog 5 Best sound?
Zenfone 8 has the standard Snapdragon 888 dac
Rog 5 uses an custom hi-fi ESS dac for the jack
Overall in terms of audio quality Rog 5 is better compared to the Zenfone 8
Both the speakers and audio jack
screenshot-20211013-180621856-281-29.jpg