This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there people without ramdump?

today i've bought my new zenfone 8, i was leaving a xiaomi mi 10 because of proximity sensor problems and miui instability.
read lots of reviews about zenfone 8 and all were enthusiasts... today after buying it i found a first post about ramdump, since today afternoon i've read lots of posts....
i've seen my phone is 04/21 MFD....
will it die? are there people wich had this phone (04/21 batch) without problems for more than 3 months? searching around in forums seems that anyone sooner or later had the problem... so the phone is in the box and i don't know if i will return it or keep it... give me a little trust in this phone.

13 REPLIES 13

raimundas78
Rising Star I
Well, usually people don't go to the forums to report that their device is working perfectly fine.

Lammy
Star III
@Caffeinedesign , there's a very good chance you will get the ramdump error, it can happen at anytime. If I was you, I'd get a refund if you can, then maybe buy the phone again at a later date when they know what the issue is, and sorted it.

If you can't get a refund, just make sure you regularly back up things that you want to keep, because once you get the ramdump error, you will lose everything.

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Caffeinedesign

today i've bought my new zenfone 8, i was leaving a xiaomi mi 10 because of proximity sensor problems and miui instability.

read lots of reviews about zenfone 8 and all were enthusiasts... today after buying it i found a first post about ramdump, since today afternoon i've read lots of posts....

i've seen my phone is 04/21 MFD....

will it die? are there people wich had this phone (04/21 batch) without problems for more than 3 months? searching around in forums seems that anyone sooner or later had the problem... so the phone is in the box and i don't know if i will return it or keep it... give me a little trust in this phone.

Are there people without ramdump?
I have a 04/2021 phone since 1.6.2021. so far so good. No Ramdump. My friend also got one at the same time I did, his phone is also still working fine. Both phones in use since June and mfd in 04/2021.

As raimundas said, people who got it working don't come to Zentalk forums to complain.

Set up automatic backup for what is important to you and Relax and enjoy your phone

Blumi
Rising Star II
Lammy

@Caffeinedesign , there's a very good chance you will get the ramdump error, it can happen at anytime. If I was you, I'd get a refund if you can, then maybe buy the phone again at a later date when they know what the issue is, and sorted it.

If you can't get a refund, just make sure you regularly back up things that you want to keep, because once you get the ramdump error, you will lose everything.

View post
I call bs on this post.

There's also a good chance, that your car will have piston seizure.