cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 beta 2 discussion

flolaff
Star III
Hey,
I just installed the beta on my ZF8 and saw that there was no discussion thread about this on the forum.
I'd like to share with you my thoughts so far with the software, as it enabled a fully new experience for me with the phone, and most of the criticism I had before.
-Battery life and heating seems GREATLY improved. Even as I was installing all of my apps, the phone barely got warm and I lost like 15% in 2 hours. For daily use it doesn't get hot at all and I get almost twice the battery life I had before.
-Fingerprint scanner works 3-4 times faster than before. Almost instanteneous, really MUCH better than before. Life-changing.
-A few bugs I had have been fixed (lags when using Youtube's PiP for example).

Overall, this is a very solid improvement to the phone, and I'm very glad I installed it. Didn't really see any major bugs or stability problems, and I got all of the new Android 12 features as well.
The only thing I'd mention as a negative is all of the chinese bloatware that comes with the beta. That was unnecessary.
Even though I've had problems with Asus and a lot of people are complaining here, this time I wanted to congratulate the software team for this very good work that fixes most of the phone's issues.

Please let me know your experience with this beta if you've installed it.
15 REPLIES 15

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
daniel91m

Can I use the banking apps and nfc payments in the beta version?

View post
I am able to log in my bank app, but Google Pay says that it cannot activate my card because my phone is modified or rooted.

flolaff
Star III
Adaoh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189743#Comment_189743

I am able to log in my bank app, but Google Pay says that it cannot activate my card because my phone is modified or rooted.

View post
Same for me, stupid limitations from Google.. But fortunately my Bank app still allows NFC payments so it's all good.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Can you revert back to Android 11, if you want? Does factory reset do it?

HyperC
Star II
So if i want to update later from android11 to official android12 on Zenfone then it will lost all my data, photos, sms, contacts, etc?

koallawindows10
Rising Star I
gzim_ml

So if i want to update later from android11 to official android12 on Zenfone then it will lost all my data, photos, sms, contacts, etc?

View post
Probably not, in this case it is a dev preview, so it is probably resetting it because of the different structures of the os versions