This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple haze

mastershu
Rising Star I
5 days into owning Zenfone 6 when I use Pro mode and set the shutterspeed above 13 seconds there's a Purple Haze all over the place on the regular camera but not on the wide-angle camera if I take a picture of a building with a word on it the word is reversed an placed for some reason on the other side of the photo and it's very dull but it's also very visible ....3 days into owning the phone I got a smudge on my camera and wiped it and noticed a rainbow esque butterfly wing effect when I'm around 50ft or closer to ANY light source at night as well as a lot of reflective "artifacts" ...if I take a pic of the street an 4 cars are facing the camera I get 6 light floaters in various places on screenI know for sure that it's not from cleaning the lens off so I have no idea what's going on with cleaning the lens off isn't going to cause this effect.. My zenfone 5z never did any of this.... Is there a fix? Tries gettin a hold of asus on here.. When you get to the " insert serial number" section it apparentlt doesn't know the difference between I an 1 or 0 an O an even says it an won't let me continue
BUMY991754YW.jpg
... So how can I talk to tech support when the system doesn't even know how to spell or do numbers when typing in the SN of phone? Oh an the tap to turn off/on screen.... Only works at lock screen which is kiiiinda pointless... Fix'
TZF0AMLS4R3V.jpg

ASQ6MV86KDK9.jpg

Z2JZUNJS19A3.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry, I don't know of any claw symbol. Are you talking about the night owl?
Maybe you can record the screen next time you're taking pictures?
What should your picture look like? they look fine to me. Night photography with 5z isn't comparable. Maybe it would show the same rainbow gloria round light sources if it could?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
VS-KR

No sorry ...

I had the Zenfone 3 Deluxe which was able to shoot a 32s too. I tried that with the ZenHow's video on shouting stars.

With the ZF3D, the colors are good.

And now with the ZF6, we have that purple effect which was not visible on the first week of my phone ...

There is a true problem, you just have to take your phone outside in the city when it's midnight with artificial lights and see the results. You should not have that purple haze !

It looks like a problem with the auto white balance ; I don't know if this phone has a color sensor ...

View post
The phone has an" RGB "=color sensor

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The purple haze is a know bug and it will be fixed in future FOTA