This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio is poor (quiet, muffled/grainy) when connected to bluetooth and watching videos in any app or

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: currently all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bluetooth, any video streaming, browser or app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Yesterday it was fine... today I connect to the car via Bluetooth and it connects, but music only plays through the phone in a weak, grainy/muffled way. You can make calls via Bluetooth and that plays through the car, but not music. It also doesn't matter what program/app you use (Spotify, multiple MP3 players, YouTube, etc.)
For this issue I have tried restart, power cycle (multiple of both the car and phone), drop and remake both Bluetooth profiles, leave both off for an extended time and try again, checked for system updates (none) - nothing works.

The second part of this issue is when you're not connected to bluetooth and just want to watch something on the phone, the video audio is weak and grainy/muffled. It doesn't matter if it's YouTube, Prime, Netflix, browser based streaming - all videos. I have tried the same video on a different phone, only the Asus ROG 3 is having the issue.
To try and fix this issue, same stuff as above. Checked for updates (none), restart, cycled lower, left off and tried again, tried multiple apps and browser streaming locations - nothing works.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

ronald1985
Community Legend I

bryan_farquharson

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: Android 11
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: currently all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bluetooth, any video streaming, browser or app.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Yesterday it was fine... today I connect to the car via Bluetooth and it connects, but music only plays through the phone in a weak, grainy/muffled way. You can make calls via Bluetooth and that plays through the car, but not music. It also doesn't matter what program/app you use (Spotify, multiple MP3 players, YouTube, etc.)

For this issue I have tried restart, power cycle (multiple of both the car and phone), drop and remake both Bluetooth profiles, leave both off for an extended time and try again, checked for system updates (none) - nothing works.

The second part of this issue is when you're not connected to bluetooth and just want to watch something on the phone, the video audio is weak and grainy/muffled. It doesn't matter if it's YouTube, Prime, Netflix, browser based streaming - all videos. I have tried the same video on a different phone, only the Asus ROG 3 is having the issue.

To try and fix this issue, same stuff as above. Checked for updates (none), restart, cycled lower, left off and tried again, tried multiple apps and browser streaming locations - nothing works.

Any ideas?

Audio is poor (quiet, muffled/grainy) when connected to bluetooth and watching videos in any app or
Can you also try in safe mode?
ALso put this in stock calculator:
.12345+=
Do single test and then the speaker tests. Provide the results once you have finished.

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53698/audio-is-poor-quiet-muffled-grainy-when-connected-to-bl...

Can you also try in safe mode?

ALso put this in stock calculator:

.12345+=

Do single test and then the speaker tests. Provide the results once you have finished.

View post
Speaker tests I put as "Pass" because there's sound, but it's not a smooth sound. The volume seems to get louder and softer and the audio sounds like it's in a tube.
I will try safe mode after work here.

Another thing to note is when the audio goes all weird, volume switches to the phone icon and every tap of the volume buttons moves the slider 1/4 of the way along the bar but also controls nothing, lol. If you restart the phone, you get the media music symbol and full volume control until you attempt to play music, video, Bluetooth audio... Once you do any of these, you get the 1/4 movement slider again that does nothing.

Sound is fine in safe mode. Updated all applications and deleted any new ones near to when this issue started. Performed power cycle, issue still present.