This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

atoia68
Rising Star I
jakislogin2

@xonics Thank you for your voice of reason in this whining thread. The most valuable posts since lot of pages, as I see it.

View post
but in your opinion, after spending 800 euros I have to solve the problems of a smartphone that Asus has put on the market with many defects !!! I am the injured party and I have the duty and the right to complain and ask for explanations !!!! In your post you wrote phrases from an unskilled person

mrsannoyed
Star II
I gave up on the utterly inept Asus and Tecobuy and raised claim with Paypal. They refunded me on condition that I returned the handset to tecobuy which I have done. Would highly recommend people try going through the merchant/card company rather than Asus who clearly have no interest in helping.

mrsannoyed
Star II
@jakislogin2 &@cicagorio you actually affected by the issue or just here to gloat? Dont want to read whinning, lots of other threads to read. If you were affected cant imagine you being so blase about losing 500 quid. Jog on trolls

cicagorio
Rising Star II
mrsannoyed

@jakislogin2 &@cicagorio you actually affected by the issue or just here to gloat? Dont want to read whinning, lots of threads to read. If you were affected cant imagine you being so blase about losing 500 quid. Jog on trolls

View post
Not sure why do you think I am here to gloat. I just stated my opinion and gave some numbers that were supposed to show you guys that you need to understand the other side of the story. Failure rate is not that big and you guys are making it like 3/4 phones fail.
How did you lose 500 quid? Is your device under warranty? If yes, then Asus will repair it - free of charge afaik. People who have voided the warranty can have some problems with getting their device repaired under warranty, but this is to be expected. It is the same in all industries and for all manufacturers.

jennebumke
Star III
jennebumke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186386#Comment_186386

Sorry for the unfortunate timing, but no need. Pretty much the same day it went on delivery back to me. It should arrive tomorrow. Pretty satisfied with the repair time. Didn't get notifications in the meantime about the repair. But overall it isn't too bad. I'll keep you all posted on condition. I put my autograph on the inside on the box on several hidden places to see if I got a new box and/or content.

View post
I would like to come back to this quote to tell that I indeed received the original box and phone, I notice some slight damage to the aluminium back, but since it's in a case and it's so minor, I personally don't care. The fingerprint scanner seems to be more moody then before, so I switched to facial recognition and swipe pattern. The facial recognition works great with facemask. I don't wear glasses, so I didn't test that. Wearing sunglasses obviously doesn't work.
I seen two interesting posts since my last message on this thread, one of which is someone going to attempt to fix it with the EDL, I'll make sure to check their post on the XDA forum. The other is regarding the MFD of my asus zenfone 8. Which I'll check once I'm at home and check the original box.
I don't fear that this issue will happen again. I really think it was a small batch that had this issue, in combination with some new firmware. In case it does, it depends on the warranty and the result on the XDA forums of trying to flash firmware using the EDL cable.
If you think about going on a holiday with your zenfone 8, make sure to have a backup phone and sim card pin ready in case your zenfone does decide to ramdump itself.