ROG Phone 5 Bottom Speaker Issues.

maxxalin2000
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any audio app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I am the owner of a brand new rog phone 5. I have had the phone for about a week and today I found that the bottom speaker has a problem. When I listen to any kind of sound the bottom speaker has some wierd sound like 'krr' or 'hrr' like a broken speaker when I turn up the volume. At most I have the impression that it stops for a second. I tried to restart phone or change out settings but the problem is there no matter what. What I didn't try is to factory reset the phone. The top speaker has no issue. When I received the phone I had no problems. I noticed the problem after I updated to FW but I'm not sure it's from the update or not. the phone is under warranty but before I return it I want to know if it is a hardware issue or it is a software bug. Any ideas? Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

maxxalin2000
Star II

shubhamsonani8

Same bro that's the issue we can't downgrade the firmware and asus is not helping by any means.

View post
It is just stupid to downgrade the firmware because the new one has a lots of bugs. The new firmware it most be a better then previews one. I'm a patient man, if there is a bug is ok and im waiting to resolve but with asus it seems to take forever to solve firmware bugs. It is my first experience with an ROG Phone but for now im kinda disappointed. I have a lots of premium android phones like Samsung or Xioami and they are a really good phones, not perfect but with minor bugs that get fixed with a software update and that's ok. But with Asus you are really nervous when you make an update because you don't now exactly what will fix and what will break.

I'm waiting someone from asus to respond to our problems.

shubhamsonani8
Star II
Exactly bro, this problem should be fixed by simply pushing an update (a small patch) but nope nothing they are doing.

hrudhay
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @maxxalin2000,

Please could you record it with another device so we can take a deeper look into it?

Thank you!

View post
i am facing the same with my ROG5, it was brand new and was 2 months old and am facing this since a month or so right after the update. can we please get ETA to resolve this atleast?
@Irene2_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS

hrudhay
Star I
hrudhay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182760#Comment_182760

i am facing the same with my ROG5, it was brand new and was 2 months old and am facing this since a month or so right after the update. can we please get ETA to resolve this atleast?

@Irene2_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS

View post
bottom speaker stopped working completely now after the recent update 😞

maxxalin2000
Star II
hrudhay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187085#Comment_187085

bottom speaker stopped working completely now after the recent update 😞

View post
It seems nobody from Asus care about our problem or request.