Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

werderweremem
Star I
Shall I do the last update? As far as I can see, there are people who are having problems.

18.0840.2104.49 I am using version

werderweremem
Star I
Shall I do the last update? As far as I can see, there are people who are having problems.

WW 18.0840.2104.49 I am using version

pourush_kalia
Star III
Piyush Agarwala

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189215#Comment_189215

no bro it's been 2 months but they are saying it will take 1 month more for the motherboard to be replaced so my uncle is a professional lawyer I am filing a case against Asus India in the consumer court this Sunday I am sending a legal notice to the service center, the seller of the Flipkart and Asus Technology Pvt Ltd. (India).

View post
I need some help filing case as well, can you help...

krnapj
Rising Star I
pourush.kalia

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189315#Comment_189315

I need some help filing case as well, can you help...

View post
Don't go down that road. If you ll check the previous comments I have also gotten my mobo replaced ,It took 1 n a half months , asus guys were very misleading one day they d say phone has been repaired n next day I ll found out they haven't even received the phone yet from my local service center to Delhi the courier of phone took 8 days. N when I recieved my phone after 40 days it had a dent at the bottom so I again had to send it n got the whole body plus screen replaced.
There are people who have sent a legal notice , ( u can see previous comments)it doesn't mean anything to them , they don't reply to legal notices neither does samsung.
Notice is only to make your case strong when u file a case against them and in the case you ll only win if they deny you service but they are not denying you service only the delay , there is no term n condition which makes the repair time bound. So there will be no use , just maybe after your notice they ll priortise your repair but they are out of mobos shipment comes from Taiwan , it ll take time anyway .I have a cousin who's a lawyer I have gone through all this , u ll only waste your time n get more frustrated. Advice from my experience is to just wait patiently or you can insit the customer care to escalate your case and once you get a call back from the escalations department , you ll get better updates still it is gona take the same amout of time to repair .

Indr
Rising Star II
Here in Kolkata service centre took almost 21 days to Replace my Mobo.
Faced Wifi/Hotspot issue, gone there two times, first time they said camera did not work properly, I have to wait more.
After 7 days from my Attempt, gone there again(they also called me & told me that my unit is ready for pick up), checked that RGB light was not working at all, submitted again.
Finally on 1st October 2021 I received my device, it is working fine as of now, my fingerprint censor is not working properly before servicing, but after that fingerprint also working very well..

After certain times calling to asus india customer care & sent 10/12 mails to Asus India.. after that they took me seriously and done the servicing..
Really pathetic after sales service by Asus for this Flagship premium device.