Did you mean: 

Phone shutdown @battery just below 20%

k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime after the only first time I saw it works at battery 9%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is it normal for my rog 5 shutdown at battery level about just below 20%?
I saw my phone once works under 10% n it shows a red light notification when it reach 9%, after that I charge my phone everytime before it shutdown.
But recently my rog 5 shutdown at the middle I watch YouTube at battery level somewhere below 20% (everytime in last few days). I thought the battery might drained up coz by watching YouTube; but just now at the middle of replying zentalk my rog 5 shutdown again at battery level somewhere below 20% as well. Is this normal? It seems like I can only occupy the battery between 80-20% only? Thanks
My setting is dynamic n auto for refresh rate.
Ps: pls do not ask me to generate the log as I'm not well versed in tech stuff n I hv no time for it.
26 REPLIES 26

FunBike31
Community Legend I
k_huat

Never encounter this issue before in my previous model of Samsung, HTC, oppo, Huawei...

At least my experience with my previous phone is that I have a chance to use it until red blinking notification alert me n I'll charge my phone at 7or8%

View post
You must change your phone before 2 or 2 1/2 years of use then, this is the average time of battery life with normal use (before the average increase in temperature of use and the generalization of super fast chargers, this duration I think will be considerably reduced, except perhaps at Oppo and Oneplus which maintains a voltage of 5V (or 10v but 5v per battery when the device has 2))

In short, there are 2 causes
1) The most common, the battery lost + 20% of its capacity, when there is little reserve it is no longer able to deliver what the smartphone requires. it usually starts when the phone reads 10, then 20, 30, and 40% over the months.
2) The phone does not agree with the remaining battery capacity, the battery needs to be recalibrated, it is not normal after such a short time after the last calibration. 3-4 months is more reasonable time.

The battery is not removable on recent devices, the warranty should apply to the ENTIRE device and not 6 months or less as is often the case
it is an abusive clause which can be defended so that the manufacturer takes over the whole in guarantee or after a reasonable time a part (disassembly / reassembly), but hey, I have the impression that apart from in Europe, it seems difficult in the rest of the world. It should only be seen in EU that we have 2 years warranty.

k_huat
Rising Star II
Yes, I change my phone every year previously.. But after I got broke I have to stay with my last phone Huawei p9 for 4+ years n I never encounter all the issues I posted for Asus (maybe older version smart phone is more stable I guess?)