chayanray
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Firmware version : 18.0840.2107.151
After the resent update the proximity sensor sometimes stops working, after phone restart the proximity sensor starts working fine.

Has anybody else faced the same issue?
12 REPLIES 12

WarJoy
Star II
Hi,
I just wanted to report that I am also affected by the issue with the proximity sensors. It notoriously breaks since the 13th of September. It did work before that time without any issues and the recent upgrade(18.0840.2109.176) did not fix the issue.
The reboot does help to fix the issue temporarily. It also makes me think why we don't have an option in settings to automatically reboot the device on a schedule (to clear up the RAM from used/unused/malicious/legit operations/bugs, reboot the sensors, etc)

Thanks

pourush_kalia
Star III
WarJoy

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I am also affected by the issue with the proximity sensors. It notoriously breaks since the 13th of September. It did work before that time without any issues and the recent upgrade(18.0840.2109.176) did not fix the issue.

The reboot does help to fix the issue temporarily. It also makes me think why we don't have an option in settings to automatically reboot the device on a schedule (to clear up the RAM from used/unused/malicious/legit operations/bugs, reboot the sensors, etc)

Thanks

View post
Take these screen shots of multiple wifi issue discussions, post on twitter and facebook and everywhere... Please wake em up... Asus high time...

pepe_pilar
Star I
I have same problem so you solve this problem