This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
Anyone want to start a petition? I'm not even hoping for anything from the mods or Asus, they clearly don't give a crap about us consumers that's why they are so quiet.
I'd say sue this company to the ground and hope it goes under, companies like these who don't take responsibility should not be allowed to do business.
It's been months already since this thread started and until now they still don't want to issue any statement and provide refunds. This has to be one of the longest active threads in this forum and I don't see it getting closed anytime soon until we get a statement from Asus! We the people demand a statement from Asus to explain how they allowed a half-tested device to be in the market!

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
desmondasanza

i guess newer models still have this issue MFD 2021.07

View post
Looks like I've been proven right that this issue is not limited to just a selected batch as suggested by someone, let's just accept that this company doesn't do any QC on their products. So regardless of the batch, at some point it will just die.
If you go read other forum threads, it seems Asus has a reputation of putting out inferior products and I'm not just talking about mobile phones but other devices as well.
This company is basically a scam!

handsupzsolla
Star III
245017506-628132161905101-1099866100744581479-n.jpg
244728482-553884825697983-260909450895967623-n.jpg
244463490-336783878219442-784828862611552-n.jpg
Hello!

I got my phone back for repair today. (flashing full ramdump).

I haven't been able to try everything again. But the first step is that the reprint reader doesn't work, it's like it's not even in the phone, I can't set up a reprint anymore. Has anyone met anyone like this?

Mods maybe some help? @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS

Should I send it back again?

crebach
Star II
Update: Got my phone to charge and did some digging.
Shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900e under USB devices when its plugged into my computer. FYI this is bad news for the prosumer/ tinkerer/ enthusiast.
What you'd want to see if you were trying to flash a new ROM onto an Android device using a Qualcomm chipset (Huawei, OnePlus, Samsung, etc.) is Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. There are tools and guides online about fixing a device stuck in Diagnostics 900e mode and manually switching it to QDLoader 9008. Not specifically an Asus or an Asus Zenfone 8/8 Flip but other manufacturers.
Special programs and hardware are required. Maybe some folks here are familiar with EDL cables or deep flash cables. Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, etc. have loads of them for cheap. There's also sketchy community developed software for diagnosing issues shared across XDA. Lots of guides bits and pieces can be taken from.
Now everything that's attempted has a higher chance of breaking the phone further than actually working, especially if Asus's only fix at the moment is to replace the motherboard. That isn't very suspicious considering Asus is an OEM and corporations like to waste precious time and resources doing anything to avoid liability. It is well known that other Android phones with similar issues can be restored, albeit dubiously, simply by flashing new firmware.
Asus isn't going to cover my phone under warranty and the eBay seller is going to ignore my requests for a refund. Might as well try fixing the phone and coming up with a guide that will be posted on the XDA forums if and only if any attempts are successful. No promises for a solution and you will only know if anything is fixed because something will be posted about it. I'm very busy so don't expect updates like, "tried this doesn't work". There will be no timeline or schedule.
Everyone here who is in the same boat is encouraged to make some lemons from lemonade and tinker with me. More heads are better than one. I'm relatively savvy in this field but by no means an expert. Of course I will not be liable or responsible for anything that happens to anyone's device. There's even a good chance this post will be deleted by Asus.

TL;DR going to try and fix this phone on my own, don't expect anything though.

Blumi
Rising Star II
crebach

Update: Got my phone to charge and did some digging.

Shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900e under USB devices when its plugged into my computer. FYI this is bad news for the prosumer/ tinkerer/ enthusiast.

What you'd want to see if you were trying to flash a new ROM onto an Android device using a Qualcomm chipset (Huawei, OnePlus, Samsung, etc.) is Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. There are tools and guides online about fixing a device stuck in Diagnostics 900e mode and manually switching it to QDLoader 9008. Not specifically an Asus or an Asus Zenfone 8/8 Flip but other manufacturers.

Special programs and hardware are required. Maybe some folks here are familiar with EDL cables or deep flash cables. Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, etc. have loads of them for cheap. There's also sketchy community developed software for diagnosing issues shared across XDA. Lots of guides bits and pieces can be taken from.

Now everything that's attempted has a higher chance of breaking the phone further than actually working, especially if Asus's only fix at the moment is to replace the motherboard. That isn't very suspicious considering Asus is an OEM and corporations like to waste precious time and resources doing anything to avoid liability. It is well known that other Android phones with similar issues can be restored, albeit dubiously, simply by flashing new firmware.

Asus isn't going to cover my phone under warranty and the eBay seller is going to ignore my requests for a refund. Might as well try fixing the phone and coming up with a guide that will be posted on the XDA forums if and only if any attempts are successful. No promises for a solution and you will only know if anything is fixed because something will be posted about it. I'm very busy so don't expect updates like, "tried this doesn't work". There will be no timeline or schedule.

Everyone here who is in the same boat is encouraged to make some lemons from lemonade and tinker with me. More heads are better than one. I'm relatively savvy in this field but by no means an expert. Of course I will not be liable or responsible for anything that happens to anyone's device. There's even a good chance this post will be deleted by Asus.

TL;DR going to try and fix this phone on my own, don't expect anything though.

View post
Maybe open up a thread at xda. I suppose there will be more people supporting you there.