Did you mean: 

Phone shutdown @battery just below 20%

k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime after the only first time I saw it works at battery 9%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is it normal for my rog 5 shutdown at battery level about just below 20%?
I saw my phone once works under 10% n it shows a red light notification when it reach 9%, after that I charge my phone everytime before it shutdown.
But recently my rog 5 shutdown at the middle I watch YouTube at battery level somewhere below 20% (everytime in last few days). I thought the battery might drained up coz by watching YouTube; but just now at the middle of replying zentalk my rog 5 shutdown again at battery level somewhere below 20% as well. Is this normal? It seems like I can only occupy the battery between 80-20% only? Thanks
My setting is dynamic n auto for refresh rate.
Ps: pls do not ask me to generate the log as I'm not well versed in tech stuff n I hv no time for it.
26 REPLIES 26

k_huat
Rising Star II
I found a app from playstore namely electron which can help to show the battery capacity without using the adb command. I tried it n the data shows exactly the same in adb command. Worth a try.

Reset your phone.

k_huat
Rising Star II
It got shutdown again y'day at battery around 10% again...
Anyone experienced like my case? I recalibrate the battery three weeks ago n it got back to normal use from 100% down to 0%. But now this shutdown issue happen again y'day...

FunBike31
Community Legend I
k_huat

It got shutdown again y'day at battery around 10% again...

Anyone experienced like my case? I recalibrate the battery three weeks ago n it got back to normal use from 100% down to 0%. But now this shutdown issue happen again y'day...

View post
As I prefer not to be defeatist I prefer that this be another cause but otherwise you have the answer if you answer yes to the following questions.
Have you never encountered this symptom on your previous smartphones? A little before buying a new one?

k_huat
Rising Star II
Never encounter this issue before in my previous model of Samsung, HTC, oppo, Huawei...
At least my experience with my previous phone is that I have a chance to use it until red blinking notification alert me n I'll charge my phone at 7or8%