Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 display off sensitivity

anhe85
Star II
Hi.

I have recently got a Zenfone 8.
When i have the Phone in my pocket, it turns on the screen and a lor of the time, when I take my Phone out, it has entered the unlock or emergency info. The Phone is a lot more sensitive than my old Phone, while in my pocket. I have enabled pocket mode in the settings, which helped a bit... I suspect that my thigh triggers the fingerprint sensor, and swipes the screen.
Is it possible to reduce the sensitivity further, or require the power button to be pressed, before the screen is turned on.

This is getting a bit frustration...
11 REPLIES 11

pipsss81
Rising Star I
I agree, unlocking with this phone is a big mess. Fingerprint is slow. Mine is mostly unlocked with trust agent, but sometimes it just runs bunch of apps when i try to wake up screen. I disabled double tap, turn off most of gestures... And there is no option to wake up with power button without swiping.

anhe85
Star II
I Hope Asus is followimg this. This is a real frustration problem. I need some more control on when the fingerpeint scanner (if that is indeed the culprit as I expect) is active...

esp2002
Rising Star I
I face the same issues. When in my pocket, it will dial emergency number and you can hear the bip bop dialing. Shouldn't the phone proximity sensor prevent this when it is in pocket?

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Same with me. It seems the last update ruined the sensitivity. Now everytime I take it out of my pocket, I have to wait 30sec before I can enter my password again 🙃 and yes, my glove mode is disabled.

anhe85
Star II
I hope that Asus are getting this, and will enable more tolerance to pockets... And maybe more control on how to wake-up the phone... Using the proximity sensor seems like a good way to work around this...