Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The next update has arrived. Security patch 5/8/21 plus some minor bug fixes
21 REPLIES 21

topolov
Rising Star II
ok, software problem was ignored again.
99559303-1.jpg

topolov
Rising Star II
We should call ghostbusters
image.png

edddd
Rising Star I
So wait, this is not supposed to happen at all? Because I get this always when subjects move in HDR mode and I thought this is expected behavior, since it takes multiple shots and glues them together via postprocessing...

topolov
Rising Star II
This is not happening with still objects on phones which I previously have, like Oppo, Samsung, Huawei. Users of ZF8 also doesn't have this so frequent.
Also I don't, maybe this is kinda magic, inaccessible for Asus, but on Oppo Reno I didn't have that bug on portraits when person was moving.

"when subjects move" - your argument is invalid. This is not the case I am complaining.
Also, was ground moving in Dxomark review? I don't think their operator was flying above the earth to get images with artifacts.
edddd

So wait, this is not supposed to happen at all? Because I get this always when subjects move in HDR mode and I thought this is expected behavior, since it takes multiple shots and glues them together via postprocessing...

View post

slimghost
Rising Star I
topolov

This is not happening with still objects on phones which I previously have, like Oppo, Samsung, Huawei. Users of ZF8 also doesn't have this so frequent.

Also I don't, maybe this is kinda magic, inaccessible for Asus, but on Oppo Reno I didn't have that bug on portraits when person was moving.

"when subjects move" - your argument is invalid. This is not the case I am complaining.

Also, was ground moving in Dxomark review? I don't think their operator was flying above the earth to get images with artifacts.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189393#Comment_189393

View post
edddd

View post
As occasionally I have this issue, but not only in the HDR photos and also I am trying to keep my objectivity, I may say that both of you... are right in some areas. A HDR photo may have ghosting because of multiple photos sequence and of the postprocessing and even the subjects are not leaves an animal or a person in a portrait - the movement can be generated by the photographer. But the 7 Pro have OIS, probably that should compensate the slightly move. And so... we are back to the postprocessing. Probably there could be a better way of improvements. A couple of articles related (and I will not insert the Dxomark review - at that time 7/7 Pro had a different version of the software) :
[fstoppers.com/hacks/cant-get-rid-ghosting-effect-your-hdr-images-try-instead-546906]
[slrlounge.com/motion-blur-vs-ghosting-the-difference-between-these-2-artifacts/]
Cheers