This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you ASUS. A final bid thy farewell.

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Starting off with an honest remark: I had a great time using the ZenFone 5Z in the initial year. However, if you really do care about your $$$ and experience, please DO NOT get a phone from Asus. Ever, really. Been a long-time user since 2014 (ZenFone 5, which happens to be the first phone in my lifetime) and 2018 (ZenFone 5Z). Twice did I trust, twice did I REGRET! The former had its CPU give up one morning randomly, and the latter one started to reboot randomly with unreliable cellular connection and battery drain. What's worse, they ended support by pushing such a software update that neither not only ever fix those issues throughout, but also BRICKED the camera focusing system. 
The pandemic restrictions, the not-so-understanding service-centres always looking for some quick cash, and the 'ZenTalk' community of "helpers" really did help me out...to really learn about the dark side of Asus and finally make the move out towards other manufacturers.
Whilst the direct competitor OnePlus 6T will be getting Android 11, even the 12 Beta with a perfectly working camera and reliable network connection (which is the very reason we buy a phone for amirite?). Now, we have this disappointing of a device (and manufacturer) that just failed us. Ended support by bricking things off - thanks Asus, I guess, so much for a flagship 'killer' (the irony 💀)
20 REPLIES 20

Mritz
Star II
@er.nikhil.bharti You're damn right. They saw it's a real problem and guess what, they closed the discussion even without solving or even addressing it!
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32374/primary-camera-focus-failure-zenfone-5z
I'm so done with Asus, that's it. That was the last straw!

Aryan202
Community Legend I
er.nikhil.bharti

All have same problem.. they shiped a flasgship price phone with outdated OS out of the box. They provide 2 major update and stopped @ android10. If you can recall that time we ask them to provide VoLTE they provide after long time after other release.. we ask them to VoWiFi on all career, they ignore us and saying Telecoms are not supporting them to provide VoWifi..they spend around 1.5 year and then release VoWiFi for JiO only but all other career are missing support for VoWiFi.. Customer have to beg for such basic feature in so called flagship phones. According to asus a product lifecycle is only around 2 years for a flagship phone of around Rs 45000.

"Asus please take it seriously" : Our trust form Asus is over. And everyone here must be agree. It's start of you end..

View post
45000?
Which variant are you talking about?
I got my 6/64 for 25k in 2018 BBD

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Roystoys

OMG the ZenFone 5 z was released in June 2018 . It's almost 4 years old ( well 3.5 but who's counting) . Time to go shopping people !

View post
You make a decent argument but the reality is that$1000 is not top dollar for a phone today, look at what iPhone's cost now . The way I deal with it is to sell my phones after 12 months or so, while it's still worth something,and buy a new one. That's what I meant by,, time to go shopping,,
On average I am roughly$200/$250 au out of pocket each time I flip a phone but I always have a relatively new phone and don't have to nag Asus about updates,and we all know what nagging Asus gets us ,, SFA . ( SFA Aussie talk but I think it's universally recognised ) LOL

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188738#Comment_188738

You make a decent argument but the reality is that$1000 is not top dollar for a phone today, look at what iPhone's cost now . The way I deal with it is to sell my phones after 12 months or so, while it's still worth something,and buy a new one. That's what I meant by,, time to go shopping,,

On average I am roughly$200/$250 au out of pocket each time I flip a phone but I always have a relatively new phone and don't have to nag Asus about updates,and we all know what nagging Asus gets us ,, SFA .

View post
Haha you're doing it right mate, actually you see, the place I'm from is notorious for imposing heavy taxes on these imported phones (and basically everything else) and the economy is kinda weak too so that strategy really doesn't work here (most of the times). Also, it's too much be of a hassle as well (I'm a working professional who is also pursuing multiple disciplines of further education) and the last thing I wanna face is a troublesome experience like this 😂

er_nikhil_bhart
Star II
@Aryan202 bro, I have 8/256 GB variant and I didn't purchase it on any sale. I know it was my bad decision.