This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GXR ROG Laptop. Unable to update to Windows 11 insider preview 10.0.22000.160

Gustave
Star II
System: ROG G703GXR Laptop
Battery or AC: both
Model: G703GXR
Frequency of occurrence: every time
Reset OS: Windows 10 Pro - 2H1
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:After trying to update the PC (through Windows Update) to Windows 11 insider preview 10.0.22000.160 the laptop freezes at the logo after the reboot. After a hartd power down it reverts back to Windows 10 -2H1. This issue is brought to the attention of Asus as well as Microsoft. Hope to find a solution overhere.
10 REPLIES 10

TDK
Star II
Windows 11 has been officially released to insiders. It is the live version that gets pushed out through Windows Update starting Oct 5th.
Windows 10 21H2 and Windows 11 both have fundamental differences in boot loader / TPM certs / drivers that break the G703GXR platform.
Need to stop with the "please wait for official release so that your computer becomes completely unusable" every time you boot, leave it on for a while and windows update downloads 21H2 or Win 11, and breaks the boot cycle, hanging, power-off, power-on to roll back, sit idle, downloads, reboot, broken, power-off, power-on, rolls-back, idle, downloads, reboot, broken, power-off, power-on, rollback... you get the picture here?

Does ASUS really want the black eye? Come on, we know it's a platform issue. Work with us so that ASUS can say that everything is good for both W10 21H2 and W11.
So, ASUS, you have a MAJOR problem with this platform, and you needed to have resolved it like back in August, when I first started calling about it.
Now, W11 is officially available, and it's broken.
See below, I am no longer in insider program, and this is windows update right now.
As you can see, Windows 11 is available and downloading, only it will fail, as it has been for over 2 months.
image.png

Gustave
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear both,

Thank you for your feedback. I have recorded and reported.

However, both official version of Win11 and 21H2 have not been released, so please contact Microsoft for insider and beta version issue.

Thank you again.

View post
Windows 11 is released as of (day before) yesterday. I noticed that Windows 11 is added to the driver download support section of the ROG G703GXR. But no solution yet for this particular platform problem as also described by TDK.
Please Asus, step in and resolve.
Kind regards,
G.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
TDK

Windows 11 has been officially released to insiders. It is the live version that gets pushed out through Windows Update starting Oct 5th.

Windows 10 21H2 and Windows 11 both have fundamental differences in boot loader / TPM certs / drivers that break the G703GXR platform.

Need to stop with the "please wait for official release so that your computer becomes completely unusable" every time you boot, leave it on for a while and windows update downloads 21H2 or Win 11, and breaks the boot cycle, hanging, power-off, power-on to roll back, sit idle, downloads, reboot, broken, power-off, power-on, rolls-back, idle, downloads, reboot, broken, power-off, power-on, rollback... you get the picture here?

Does ASUS really want the black eye? Come on, we know it's a platform issue. Work with us so that ASUS can say that everything is good for both W10 21H2 and W11.

So, ASUS, you have a MAJOR problem with this platform, and you needed to have resolved it like back in August, when I first started calling about it.

Now, W11 is officially available, and it's broken.

See below, I am no longer in insider program, and this is windows update right now.

As you can see, Windows 11 is available and downloading, only it will fail, as it has been for over 2 months.

image.png

View post
IF possible, will you do a clean installation of Windows 11, by creating a bootable Windows 11 USB Pendrive.
i don't have your high-end laptop. i have an unsupported intel i5 7200u processor vivobook laptop.
On 5th October I did a clean installation of Windows 11 by deployment method. Windows 11 was working fine , windows downloaded all device drivers from windows update and installed them properly without a crash. No boot issues.

screenshot-2021-10-05-065800.jpg
screenshot-2021-10-05-065638.png

my laptop has two 2TB HDD SATA and one 1TB M.2 SSD all re internally connected on the motherboard, with NO raid option.
screenshot-2021-10-05-065913.jpg

Gustave
Star II
Thank you for trying to sort this (G703GXR) problem out.
Right now the ROG G703GXR support pages are offline. So I gather Asus is working on this too. Let's wait and see.

Cheerio

Sven28
Star I
Any news regarding this issue?