This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound / Loudness level decreased after .189/.191 Update

lovin2501
Star III
There's substantial drop in loudness level via inbuilt - speaker  & earphones as well . Please check.
29 REPLIES 29

Sagenut
Star II
I got my Asus Z6 Yesterday.
Out of the box It started to make many FOTA updates while I was setting other things.
In the end I got version
WW_16.1220.1908.189_0
The Audio part is really disappointing.
Notifications audio volume is low.
In Call volume is low. It's impossible to understand anything if not in a complete silent room.
On the other side I got some report that even my voice is not clear and loud.
Audio for videos and music is good in volume but it's not Sharp, Clear.
Really there should be some issues on audio part.
My previous Asus Z3 was far better in these aspects.
I really hope that everything will be resolved in next updates.
Please make Happy Again for choosing the Zenfone Series.
Thanks

ColorSage
Zen Master I
With in call audio it's quite a long story, they were working on it for some time and I think they've done enough. I don't know why our experiences are so different. As for main speaker volume I don't see any major complaints recently.

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
Did you install the new update that just rolled out today? Speak improvement or so the release notes say.

Sagenut
Star II
On Asus Zenfone 6 Firmware website the latest available is .189 from 21 August.
I will wait for next update and I will try to flash the entire rom instead of using Fota updates.
Probably it's not relevant, just a try.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The problem description you just gave us is not what everybody else have been complaining about. I would recommend you to factory reset your phone and if that doesn't help then please contact our support. You should definitely be able to hear what others are saying in a silent room and others should't have any issues with hearing you.