This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you ASUS. A final bid thy farewell.

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Starting off with an honest remark: I had a great time using the ZenFone 5Z in the initial year. However, if you really do care about your $$$ and experience, please DO NOT get a phone from Asus. Ever, really. Been a long-time user since 2014 (ZenFone 5, which happens to be the first phone in my lifetime) and 2018 (ZenFone 5Z). Twice did I trust, twice did I REGRET! The former had its CPU give up one morning randomly, and the latter one started to reboot randomly with unreliable cellular connection and battery drain. What's worse, they ended support by pushing such a software update that neither not only ever fix those issues throughout, but also BRICKED the camera focusing system. 
The pandemic restrictions, the not-so-understanding service-centres always looking for some quick cash, and the 'ZenTalk' community of "helpers" really did help me out...to really learn about the dark side of Asus and finally make the move out towards other manufacturers.
Whilst the direct competitor OnePlus 6T will be getting Android 11, even the 12 Beta with a perfectly working camera and reliable network connection (which is the very reason we buy a phone for amirite?). Now, we have this disappointing of a device (and manufacturer) that just failed us. Ended support by bricking things off - thanks Asus, I guess, so much for a flagship 'killer' (the irony 💀)
20 REPLIES 20

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
hkorkut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188534#Comment_188534

Everyone's problem is the same as mine. Zenfone 5z. We want a final update with bugs fixed. It's that simple and clear. How difficult can this be for you?

View post
@hkorkut mate I'm actually on your side hahah the rant was meant for @fussion_ASUS do notice it :3
But anyway, I don't think it's his fault. It's all happening higher up (I think). No worries though, I just rather got a Galaxy S20 FE 5G and an iPhone 12 in this festive season. Enough with hollow promises of Asus, which is an extremely sad note to leave it on not gonna lie.

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
screenshot-20211004-094609639-281-29.png
Matter of another shocker: ZF5Z competitor released at the same time is now eligible for the Android 12 update (stable) and here we have the ZF5Z abandoned on Android 10. Big whoops.
Source: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/10/02/oneplus-oxygenos-12-android-12-update/

Roystoys
Zen Master III
OMG the ZenFone 5 z was released in June 2018 . It's almost 4 years old ( well 3.5 but who's counting) . Time to go shopping people !

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Roystoys

OMG the ZenFone 5 z was released in June 2018 . It's almost 4 years old ( well 3.5 but who's counting) . Time to go shopping people !

View post
Uhh, well I actually did get myself a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G) but that's not the point. A 4 to 5 year cycle of usage is pretty standard for a lot of markets especially for those who make sound financial decisions. The pandemic also ensures an imminent financial crash.
Phones are of detrimental liabilities, it's hardly ever an 'asset' and in the day and age of $1,000 flagships, I believe getting a phone is quite the investment. Thus, "get a new phone" is the same as somebody who's asked about "why would you need privacy" and them answering "I have nothing to hide!" 😃 it's about time we stopped normalising planned-obsolescence and abolishing right to repair. Maybe not all people are at the best of times to afford a new smartphone cuz they might be having other priorities?
Cuz no 'ideal' or atleast a 'good' product should really feel like something that might draw you down like this but with Asus, it really felt like it. Let's see how it goes with Samsung and later on I believe I'll be switching onto iOS cuz that's a more sound choice one I'm in the US (hopefully, for my higher studies). Currently I'm in India so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

er_nikhil_bhart
Star II
All have same problem.. they shiped a flasgship price phone with outdated OS out of the box. They provide 2 major update and stopped @ android10. If you can recall that time we ask them to provide VoLTE they provide after long time after other release.. we ask them to VoWiFi on all career, they ignore us and saying Telecoms are not supporting them to provide VoWifi..they spend around 1.5 year and then release VoWiFi for JiO only but all other career are missing support for VoWiFi.. Customer have to beg for such basic feature in so called flagship phones. According to asus a product lifecycle is only around 2 years for a flagship phone of around Rs 45000.
"Asus please take it seriously" : Our trust form Asus is over. And everyone here must be agree. It's start of you end..