This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@tioantua Please check your Zentalk inbox for a PM from me. 🙂

Kaplanben
Star I
I have the same ramdump issue and the same demeaning service from our local asus center and the retailer..
Only 3 months old in the original packaging and I'm without my phone for a week now.
Support and lab technicians have zero patience and no awareness for customers services.
Refusal to pass me to the manager to compliant, every communicating cost me at least 1 business day (that's the smallest increment asus appear to be able to do anything)
If I had gone to any other lab or manufacture I've got the phone back on an hour or at least with a temporary replacement phone.
The Warranty include the phone pickup and retrieval from the customer home and yet an hour ago I got an messages from them stating to come and take the device (which is located half the country south from my home) and if no one will pick it up in 90 days they will destroy the phone.
And they are refusing to replace to a new unboxed phone so I have no doubt that I'll start all of this again in the future ( probably after the warranty will expire)
Some nice quotes from asus support:
- "we're not a phone company so we can't supply temporary replacement..."
- "we're Asus, not a phone company. We only have two models so we don't have any spare inventory to supply with a new phone" (is this logic reversed or did I goon crazy)
But they are selling and advertising phones right? I was sure that they are the manufacture of the zenfone 8? (I'm starting to think that this is really a typo done by an incompetent company)
They sure enough were a phone company when asked for my payment details....
And 21 pages of customers complaining over the same technical problem, the same delays in responses and in service in general (people are left without their NEW device for weeks) - and all the asus forum moderators have to add here is:
"Check for PM"?!
Asus... be well and prosper

5bee32135d
Star I
I do not understand how a company like asus handle problems like that. Neither a notice clarification or recommendations on the problem. I use my phone to work with sensitive data, more valuable than the device itself.

Asus continues without being serious about the problem, is my data at risk? can I do something to reduce the risk? in short, what is the cause of the problem. They don't say ANYTHING!
By the way, I just saw a case of an ASUS ROG Phone 5 on XDA:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/waiting-for-flashing-full-ramdump.4329073/
Probably the same problem, I would not be surprised.
There is no one serious in ASUS who takes the reins of this problem?

th_besch
Rising Star I
Asus! It's overdue to put your cards on the table! Now! @Gustav_ASUS I know that this is not within your reach. But please could you forward this to your superiors? The shitstorm is definitely coming closer! Things cannot go on like this much longer!

marzvin
Rising Star II
I've lost count now of how many on this thread are affected by this. Can we say we now at 30+? My own story, phone died and was taken by DHL on 7.9.21. Nearly one month later, I'm still without a phone. Thankfully have got a Samsung and will sell this at a loss as soon as it comes, but never again will I touch anything Asus.