This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Option to disable green indicator light for front camera (ZenFone 8)

survivor303
Rising Star II
I don't understand why there need to be that indicator light on, when using front camera for video?
More i understand that there is indicator for back camera when it is on use but on front, you see the screen anyway.
So please add option to disable that "camera in use" indicator light.
Also, there is a bug at least with Google duo, when you rotate your device, it left dark rounded dot on the place where the camera normally is 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
survivor303

I don't understand why there need to be that indicator light on, when using front camera for video?

More i understand that there is indicator for back camera when it is on use but on front, you see the screen anyway.

So please add option to disable that "camera in use" indicator light.

Also, there is a bug at least with Google duo, when you rotate your device, it left dark rounded dot on the place where the camera normally is 🙂

Feature request: Option to disable green indicator light for front camera (ZenFone 😎
It's a privacy feature, so you can know if the camera is active without you needing it.
Yes, apps ask you if they can use the camera, but you never know if an app can bypass that permission. And yes, maybe an app can bypass even that indicator, but let's hope that's really hard to do.

Salvatore
Star III
erik.paladin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53502/feature-request-option-to-disable-green-indicator-light...

It's a privacy feature, so you can know if the camera is active without you needing it.

Yes, apps ask you if they can use the camera, but you never know if an app can bypass that permission. And yes, maybe an app can bypass even that indicator, but let's hope that's really hard to do.

View post
i agree, i think that should be the same kind of indicator for microphone too.

survivor303
Rising Star II
No and absolutely no.
We have indicator led on the device already. It can be there if needed but for now, it is your way, if you want use example 3rd wideangle lens top of the camera.
You don't have indicator for back camera. If you have this "save the children" mentality over this, then but it on security option but it not needed to be forced for every one.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
The sensor privacy indicator will be expanded for Android 12 - as that is a big part of the Android 12 changes. Also/specifically for when apps are calling the use of these sensors, from the background.