Star I
System: Windows10 20H2
Battery or AC: both
Model: GA503
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS: 2 times
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:Hello. I bought a laptop and after a week of use the sound became more muffled. Updated drivers to the latest version, deleted, updated again, rolled back - nothing. Did a Win10 recovery - nothing. Also checked the system for errors via cmd (sfc / scannow). What do you advise?
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Thank you for the video.
May I know if your GA503 was more like your old laptop before and then one day it changed?
If judging by the video, I would not say the audio is broken since the hardware design and audio utilization is different. And the audio is not cracked or disturbed.
Can you help to check if it is the same in safe mode?
Thank you.

kolesnikvaler
Star I
Yes, the sound was similar like on old laptop, more louder as this one.

kolesnikvaler
Star I
Do you want me to test the sound in Safe Mode? To do this, I need to edit the registry, did I understand correctly? In Safe Mode I cant listen any music

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please refer to below link for how to enter safe mode, you don't need to edit registry.
[Windows 10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf you have a audio file in the computer, you can test with it.
Thank you.

kolesnikvaler
Star I
I turned on Safe Mode and cant play media file. In sound settings audio devices are not founded.