This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreading awareness of the russian display fix

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Alright so I have figured out why the DTBO file is that large. Basicially what he's doing is stealing my work and half assing it to boot. He didnt compile it but installed my kernel and backed up the DTBO partition to make it work.
The display fix is my fix (old one), however its only 1 component out of 2 and an outdated DTBO as well. The DTBO he's using has been compiled by me on Android 10 .143 firmware. Both A11 and A10 DTBO's are identical he just renamed it. The problem with this fix is that it lowers the gammacurve to hide the colorbanding, it causes extreme crushed blacks, hence the 2nd part is needed, which is an app that dynamicly creates an overlay based on brightness and refreshrate to prevent the screen going into absolute darkness, color balance will not due as its static. The problem with this very old method is also that the max brightness is quite low and makes the phone unusable outside in the sun.
Do not install the DTBO file on Android 11 as it will eventually cause issues possibily even death of the phone. I have already compiled a proper DTBO version for A11 that is on my discord which I call "temporary solution".
Stealing work, sending out outdated DTBO's possibly destroying peoples phones and even putting their own name under it, quite the bold move "enterpc".
14 REPLIES 14

rishabhrajisaws
Star III

I have used this Russian guy's fix and as danish said "The problem with this fix is that it lowers the gammacurve to hide the colorbanding, it causes extreme crushed blacks, hence the 2nd part is needed, which is an app that dynamicly creates an overlay based on brightness and refreshrate to prevent the screen going into absolute darkness, color balance will not due as its static" and now I'm using the danishblunt's fix which confirms that he is telling the truth and this Russian guy has stolen danish old display fix and made it his own which doesn't even work properly since it's half assed stolen and there's also the concern that how damaging his fix could be for A11 since it was stolen form danish' old A10 black crush fix so don't flash it untill you know it's 100% safe which it is not.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt I warned you that this was going to happen. As I told you in another message, I never doubt your work, but talking so much about your kernel and not giving anything to users is going to lead to problems. People are tired of the situation, everyone is wanting solutions for the color bands, so it is not good for you to talk so much about your solution at all hours without contributing anything, since people will get tired and they will take you by a talker who only boasts something that no one can see and taste. As I told you the other time, it is not my intention to offend or harm you, it is my opinion. My advice is that if you can't publish it at the moment, don't talk about it so much because people will get bored with you and will try to find solutions on their own, like the Russian person.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

@Danishblunt I warned you that this was going to happen. As I told you in another message, I never doubt your work, but talking so much about your kernel and not giving anything to users is going to lead to problems. People are tired of the situation, everyone is wanting solutions for the color bands, so it is not good for you to talk so much about your solution at all hours without contributing anything, since people will get tired and they will take you by a talker who only boasts something that no one can see and taste. As I told you the other time, it is not my intention to offend or harm you, it is my opinion. My advice is that if you can't publish it at the moment, don't talk about it so much because people will get bored with you and will try to find solutions on their own, like the Russian person.

View post
Quite wrong. This happened because it was public for everyone to download, not the other way around.
So now people download a backup from another phone potentially damaging the phones while also only having half of the old fix i made which results in super dark display with imense black crush because the dumbass russian who pretends he wants to help someone couldnt find a way to remove my name from the 2nd part. He has 0 intentions to help anyone, he just wants profit. Otherwise he would have given proper credit and provided the 2nd part of the fix.
The russian community will eventually find out that something is missing and figure out that the guy is a fraud anyways, its only a matter of time.

mrxsin
Star III
To the guy who blame danish who doesn't publish his kernel to public, you may not familiar with android development scene. If you been in XDA for quite sometimes, you will know what I mean.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I visit often in the XDA forum and there, there are thousands of kernels published, that's why I don't know what difference there is between the Danish kernel and other kernels. Anyway, I want to clarify, I don't blame the Danish, I just try to give my opinion and say what I think. I'm not the one to tell Danishblunt what to do. He is free to do, say and publish whatever he wants.