This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update 122.22

off2fly115
Rising Star II
New Update just rolled out. What do you guys think?
screenshot-20210927-211448436.jpg

73 REPLIES 73

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
tupatatapa

Hi all. I have a question.

If i sign in for the beta testing of Android 12, the final stable release will be pushed through OTA, or i will need to format the phone, flashing it with previous stable version etc.?

View post
Generally, it has all been done with FOTAs for the previous Zentalk Betas.
HOWEVER, as this is still a BETA, there is always an increased risk that some bug(s) may occur which may need a reset. If you choose to sign up, and subsequenty also get selected (we wont be able to accomodae everyone who sign up , in the first wave) - we recommend backing up important data.

If you value a more trouble free experience, we would recommend waiting for the final release.

Chris1
Rising Star II
Since the last update, the "contacts" app won't launch (or update anything).

Can't flush the cache, can't do anything (stop and restart, or reboot)...

tupatatapa
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188464#Comment_188464

Generally, it has all been done with FOTAs for the previous Zentalk Betas.

HOWEVER, as this is still a BETA, there is always an increased risk that some bug(s) may occur which may need a reset. If you choose to sign up, and subsequenty also get selected (we wont be able to accomodae everyone who sign up , in the first wave) - we recommend backing up important data.

If you value a more trouble free experience, we would recommend waiting for the final release.

View post
Well... Thank you for the explanation. I will skip the beta testing. In general i was curious about the new UI.
Now i will sit back and wait for the sudden "ramdump" death... 🤣

raimundas78
Rising Star I
After this update, the ringtone for incoming call is no longer being played through the headset that's connected via headphone jack. It rather plays call ringtone through phone speakers.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
raimundas78

After this update, the ringtone for incoming call is no longer being played through the headset that's connected via headphone jack. It rather plays call ringtone through phone speakers.

View post
Hi, this is the default Android behavior. Exists on other devices that we've tried as well.
When the ringtone is set to ring - plugging in headsets will make it ring in both the speakers and the headset. (We verified this as well on our own devices).
When the ringtone is set to vibrate -> device vibrates and the ringtone plays in the headset.

The behavior is consistent so far we tested on devices (Pixel 4, Samsung S10, Oneplus 8 Pro - as of their respective firmwares today) - and I assume it is there to ensure devices remain on ring even if on a table with headphones plugged in.