This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreading awareness of the russian display fix

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Alright so I have figured out why the DTBO file is that large. Basicially what he's doing is stealing my work and half assing it to boot. He didnt compile it but installed my kernel and backed up the DTBO partition to make it work.
The display fix is my fix (old one), however its only 1 component out of 2 and an outdated DTBO as well. The DTBO he's using has been compiled by me on Android 10 .143 firmware. Both A11 and A10 DTBO's are identical he just renamed it. The problem with this fix is that it lowers the gammacurve to hide the colorbanding, it causes extreme crushed blacks, hence the 2nd part is needed, which is an app that dynamicly creates an overlay based on brightness and refreshrate to prevent the screen going into absolute darkness, color balance will not due as its static. The problem with this very old method is also that the max brightness is quite low and makes the phone unusable outside in the sun.
Do not install the DTBO file on Android 11 as it will eventually cause issues possibily even death of the phone. I have already compiled a proper DTBO version for A11 that is on my discord which I call "temporary solution".
Stealing work, sending out outdated DTBO's possibly destroying peoples phones and even putting their own name under it, quite the bold move "enterpc".
14 REPLIES 14

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
И если у Вас всё получилось, если Вы чувствуете в себе желание выразить благодарность автору и поддержать, то можете пожертвовать любую приемлемую сумму.

QIWI: +380661406536
YooMoney: 410011826318065
Sberbank: 4276520013666090
Спасибо за поддержку!
translation:
And if you succeed, if you feel the desire to express gratitude to the author and support, then you can donate any acceptable amount.

Thanks for the support!

And now you understand why I don't want to go open source, because of exacly this, I mentioned it before but now I have living proof that what I said is 100% true. People stealing work and presenting it as their own while trying to make a profit is very common, hence people like me cannot be bothered. Hell based on this behaviour I don't even feeling like sharing the new kernel which people who got a sneak peak know is quite a game changer as some idiot will probably half ass it too and somehow try to sell it.

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

Alright so I have figured out why the DTBO file is that large. Basicially what he's doing is stealing my work and half assing it to boot. He didnt compile it but installed my kernel and backed up the DTBO partition to make it work.

The display fix is my fix (old one), however its only 1 component out of 2 and an outdated DTBO as well. The DTBO he's using has been compiled by me on Android 10 .143 firmware. Both A11 and A10 DTBO's are identical he just renamed it. The problem with this fix is that it lowers the gammacurve to hide the colorbanding, it causes extreme crushed blacks, hence the 2nd part is needed, which is an app that dynamicly creates an overlay based on brightness and refreshrate to prevent the screen going into absolute darkness, color balance will not due as its static. The problem with this very old method is also that the max brightness is quite low and makes the phone unusable outside in the sun.

Do not install the DTBO file on Android 11 as it will eventually cause issues possibily even death of the phone. I have already compiled a proper DTBO version for A11 that is on my discord which I call "temporary solution".

Stealing work, sending out outdated DTBO's possibly destroying peoples phones and even putting their own name under it, quite the bold move "enterpc".

Spreading awareness of the russian display fix
Where can normal users like me can find your kernel for A11 to get rid of black crush ???

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

И если у Вас всё получилось, если Вы чувствуете в себе желание выразить благодарность автору и поддержать, то можете пожертвовать любую приемлемую сумму.

Спасибо за поддержку!

translation:

And if you succeed, if you feel the desire to express gratitude to the author and support, then you can donate any acceptable amount.

Thanks for the support!

And now you understand why I don't want to go open source, because of exacly this, I mentioned it before but now I have living proof that what I said is 100% true. People stealing work and presenting it as their own while trying to make a profit is very common, hence people like me cannot be bothered. Hell based on this behaviour I don't even feeling like sharing the new kernel which people who got a sneak peak know is quite a game changer as some idiot will probably half ass it too and somehow try to sell it.

View post
Pls dont take it in other way !! There are always and always will be someone he might take advantage of someone work but for that if you aren't sharing your kernel to other users to help them. I mean it's kinda pointless too as you are neither sharing your kernel for normal users to share while always taking about black crush ( colour banding ) 😕

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
RAIDEN™

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53458/spreading-awareness-of-the-russian-display-fix

Where can normal users like me can find your kernel for A11 to get rid of black crush ???

View post
Things are usually found on my discord, but I don't think there is any reason anymore to make my kernel available in any way shape or form for the public or even private for that matter, you can see where it leads don't you? As long cancerous people exist there is no real point in open source or even closed source with releases either as there are always going to be idiots out there that will steal work and try to make a profit, look at eggNS or DamonPS2, all stolen things because the source projects were available for the public. All thats left is to see how damaging the A10 dtbo that the guy spreads is going to be on A11 Rog phones.
My A11 kernel will most likely only be shared by people I know and not by anyone who asks on my discord anymore. I haven't decided fully yet but I think that's where its going to go. A real shame since it did have quite some nice features and a brand new way of handling the panel.