This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
crebach

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188420#Comment_188420

"I sincerely wish I could be of more help but as I said, the Zenfone 8 Flip is not available in the US which means we can't service it there and it won't have warranty in your region. Your reseller knows this. (And hopefully they also make this clear to the customer beforehand.)"

I wouldn't have tagged you in a comment if I felt it misrepresented what you said. It's not helpful to tell me I brought this on myself regardless of how polite you were about it. Putting all the responsibility for your products on buyers and resellers clearly shows how little pride you take in your products.

If a student from Hong Kong went to the US and their phone bricked leaving them without a device to contact family back home what should they do? Was it their fault for buying a Zenfone and going to the US? Do I need to send my phone to Hong Kong to get it serviced? This regional warranty makes zero sense, people travel with their devices.

View post
Very sad indeed. What's your seller saying? Can they give you a refund?, as I doubt Asus will help you out.

marzvin
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

I'm curious how many cases are needed so Asus will finally do something to prevent more cases....

As usual I'm sure that I won't get any response from Asus....

View post
Well as it is, weekly at least 2 devices are falling into this mess, and we are now upto I think 25 on this thread alone. I'm sure the numbers are higher as other people can't be bothered to come online.

crebach
Star II
marzvin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188487#Comment_188487

Very sad indeed. What's your seller saying? Can they give you a refund?, as I doubt Asus will help you out.

View post
Nah they just started ignoring me when I sent them screenshots from @gusta_cm saying this wasn't covered under warranty because I'm in the US. Gonna just take the L on this one since the phone won't even be usable next year on my carrier once they get rid of their 3G network. Maybe one day there will be motherboards for sale and I can fix it and keep it as a spare/ sell it.
I'm honestly just really peeved because of how much I liked this phone up until it died. Great cameras, great features, great processor. I used the pano mode often while on vacation for wide angle shots but most of those are lost now.
Don't see any companies ever making a phone like this again. Everything is just so generic and geared towards the lowest common denominator. A huge opportunity to make people enthusiastic about phones again and a huge fail for those of us effected by this issue.
My buddy still has his zenfone 7 pro as a daily driver he bought new when it came out which made me confident when making my initial purchase. I feel very unlucky.

marzvin
Rising Star II
crebach

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188489#Comment_188489

Nah they just started ignoring me when I sent them screenshots from @gusta_cm saying this wasn't covered under warranty because I'm in the US. Gonna just take the L on this one since the phone won't even be usable next year on my carrier once they get rid of their 3G network. Maybe one day there will be motherboards for sale and I can fix it and keep it as a spare/ sell it.

I'm honestly just really peeved because of how much I liked this phone up until it died. Great cameras, great features, great processor. I used the pano mode often while on vacation for wide angle shots but most of those are lost now.

Don't see any companies ever making a phone like this again. Everything is just so generic and geared towards the lowest common denominator. A huge opportunity to make people enthusiastic about phones again and a huge fail for those of us effected by this issue.

My buddy still has his zenfone 7 pro as a daily driver he bought new when it came out which made me confident when making my initial purchase. I feel very unlucky.

View post
Is your seller in the US? This is really terrible news. I have never bothered about the warranty situation when buying phones, as have bought from Asia and everywhere. But after this mess with Asus, I'm definitely going to be careful, where I buy abs what brand I stick to.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
crebach

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188420#Comment_188420

"I sincerely wish I could be of more help but as I said, the Zenfone 8 Flip is not available in the US which means we can't service it there and it won't have warranty in your region. Your reseller knows this. (And hopefully they also make this clear to the customer beforehand.)"

I wouldn't have tagged you in a comment if I felt it misrepresented what you said. It's not helpful to tell me I brought this on myself regardless of how polite you were about it. Putting all the responsibility for your products on buyers and resellers clearly shows how little pride you take in your products.

If a student from Hong Kong went to the US and their phone bricked leaving them without a device to contact family back home what should they do? Was it their fault for buying a Zenfone and going to the US? Do I need to send my phone to Hong Kong to get it serviced? This regional warranty makes zero sense, people travel with their devices.

View post
Well that sucks man this regional warranty thing just makes no sense, Asus is still Asus regardless where they are located. Having to separate themselves from one entity to another but labelling themselves as a global brand is complete non-sense.
I was also taken aback by this when the local service center initially told me my phone will not be covered under warranty but I argued that hey it's still an Asus phone with your company's branding....why are you differentiating between local and non-local sets? If I brought a Samsung phone and ask them to fix it then that would make more sense for them to reject.
From this it just shows that Asus will try anything to get away from owning up to this screw-up. Deep down they probably know this product is not ready to be launch into the market but decided to push it out to make a quick buck.