How can I stop Asus ZenFone 7 Pro from killing my apps?

vc1300vc1300 Level 1
edited November 2021 in ZenFone 7 Series

How can I stop Asus ZenFone 7 Pro from killing my apps? I find it very annoying that even though I have 8 GB RAM my phone keeps killing my apps that I leave idle (even if there are just 1 or 2 of them).

I've disabled all related settings I could find like Hibernate apps, Battery optimization etc. but it's still happening.

I've read on the internet that there's an app Power Master where this could be disabled but I couldn't find Power Master on my phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a

Tagged:

Comments

• Ping. Anyone can help here? I can't believe I'm the only one confronted with this...

Thanks

• Go to mobile manager click Memory cleaner then disable super cleaner mode.

• I checked and Super Clean mode is not enabled on my phone.

• I think the key is finding Power Master on my phone as most sources say it's from there that it must be disabled. Although I see the properties of this application I can't find any place from where I can launch it; I'm thinking it must be hidden somehow.

• Ask the moderators to move your question to the correct forum.

• @Gustav_ASUS Could you please move this to the correct forum as per the comment above? Many thanks!

• @vc1300

Make sure 'Background app management' is disabled in Battery settings.

• @Gustav_ASUS I don't have such an option, I have "Hibernate apps" which I disabled to no avail.

• Here it is:

In the battery menu -> detect battery draining apps. There you have 2 options, one of them being not to kill apps.

• vc1300vc1300 Level 1
    edited September 2021

@fear_dot_com_2000 Ah, "Detect & stop". It's disabled, and has always been. And the apps that are getting killed are not even battery draining, seems like it simply wants to kill idle apps that haven't been used for some time (and I don't want this).

Thanks

• If you tap on that setting it gives you the option to send you a notification when it detects a battery draining app . From there you can ignore it or stop the app

• @Roystoys It's disabled but it still happens.

• Yes, the feature Gustav refers to is Hibernate. You can control hibernation per app, or have it disabled entirely.

Hibernate sleeps apps which arent in use for power saving.

Secondly, you can check "Auto-start Manager", if your specific app is allowed to auto-start.

Generally apps are allowed to do so. You can decide if you wish or do not wish apps to be able to auto-start from cold. Many apps misbehave.

These two are the main features in ZenUI for power management which can cause what you are describing.

Then lastly is the built in power optimization and Doze, from Android itself.

• Not sure from which of these components it is coming but I have plenty of RAM and these apps aren't even doing anything in the background.

I just bought a tablet from another provider, which has less RAM and I have no issue with these same apps remaining in memory for as long as I like.

It would be great if ASUS could fix this or allow an option to disable this. I think it would be pretty easy to reproduce: basically it will kill almost any third party app (besides Google's, looks like Chrome isn't affected for example).

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.