This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you ASUS. A final bid thy farewell.

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Starting off with an honest remark: I had a great time using the ZenFone 5Z in the initial year. However, if you really do care about your $$$ and experience, please DO NOT get a phone from Asus. Ever, really. Been a long-time user since 2014 (ZenFone 5, which happens to be the first phone in my lifetime) and 2018 (ZenFone 5Z). Twice did I trust, twice did I REGRET! The former had its CPU give up one morning randomly, and the latter one started to reboot randomly with unreliable cellular connection and battery drain. What's worse, they ended support by pushing such a software update that neither not only ever fix those issues throughout, but also BRICKED the camera focusing system. 
The pandemic restrictions, the not-so-understanding service-centres always looking for some quick cash, and the 'ZenTalk' community of "helpers" really did help me out...to really learn about the dark side of Asus and finally make the move out towards other manufacturers.
Whilst the direct competitor OnePlus 6T will be getting Android 11, even the 12 Beta with a perfectly working camera and reliable network connection (which is the very reason we buy a phone for amirite?). Now, we have this disappointing of a device (and manufacturer) that just failed us. Ended support by bricking things off - thanks Asus, I guess, so much for a flagship 'killer' (the irony 💀)
20 REPLIES 20

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Self deleted re z 5 series

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
fussion_ASUS

Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

1. We never leave our customers behind and if you have any issues, you can always create a thread and we will be always happy to help you.

2. Not sure about the dark side, you can let us know in detail. 

3. I am not comparing or talking ill about any other product, but if you follow a brand closely you will always find some or the other bug. Notably most comes with Android which needs some time to be ironed out. Also, it isn't necessary 1 bug will exactly replicate on all other phones (Cellular, camera) that you mentioned.

View post
Yes i agree, Atleast Zenfone 5z deserves latest security patches and bug fixes for sometime because in month of march Zenfone 5z got january security patch which is very bad...! while all other ASUS flasghips where on latest February security patch/ some where even on march patch at the time when update was release at the end of march this is not justifyable with older flagships. It seems Asus doesnt care much if device gets 2 years Old. Also i have alredy shared lots of bug threads to get a fixes and ASUS ignored them all...
How is this customer freindly and satisfactory??? We Zenfone 5z users Dont aggree with ASUS that Asus did alot for Zenfone 5z.... Best flagship all undefined...!!! @fussion_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Karen_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
Thanks!

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
fussion_ASUS

Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

1. We never leave our customers behind and if you have any issues, you can always create a thread and we will be always happy to help you.

2. Not sure about the dark side, you can let us know in detail. 

3. I am not comparing or talking ill about any other product, but if you follow a brand closely you will always find some or the other bug. Notably most comes with Android which needs some time to be ironed out. Also, it isn't necessary 1 bug will exactly replicate on all other phones (Cellular, camera) that you mentioned.

View post
With all due respect, I have to agree to disagree.
First of all, this sounds 100% defensive just as @hkorkut mentioned about. Secondly, I'm a digital product designer working with the tech industry for the past 6+ years creating both hardware and software across but not limited to both iOS and Android, and after coming across with not one or two but a sizeable sample of devices with a diverse set of manufactures and developers, I am confident to say that it was a mistake to trust Asus the 2nd time. You see, it didn't happen once, but twice did a 'ZenFone'//Asus just disappoint me when I needed it the most.
I don't think it's excusable to come across basic functionalities like cellular and camera of the phone stay bug-ridden for an extended amount of time, and then instead of doing the most-apparent job (i.e., to do damage-control and provide fixes), it turns a blind-eye, and the next thing I know is that somebody is here to be so defensive. Moreover, it's funny how what you said was not even a plausible reason that might sound solid-enough to be even believable for the very least.
It feels like gaslighting. Abandoning a 'flagship' which was supposed to give an extended "we will replace with a new unit if anything goes wrong with your unit until that gets fixed" policy, which is now something like "sorry your phone is a bit out of warranty and we know that one of our 'updates' bugged-up the camera and cellular so bad you literally either have to PAY for the repair or just get a new phone".
Okay. But I heard it all last time, put my trust and so I bought the new ZenFone 5Z, you know? What has changed?
Absolutely nothing.
Now I don't think there's a way back by any chance. I think we as users need to stand-up to this corporate overlord practices and really assert that we are the people who are paying for a good product and it's a responsibility, like an involved relationship, and you just can't be so wreckless about things like these and be so defensive. I'm sorry, but I think I'mma pass.
Thank you.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
mrittickchoudhury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187907#Comment_187907

With all due respect, I have to agree to disagree.

First of all, this sounds 100% defensive just as @hkorkut mentioned about. Secondly, I'm a digital product designer working with the tech industry for the past 6+ years creating both hardware and software across but not limited to both iOS and Android, and after coming across with not one or two but a sizeable sample of devices with a diverse set of manufactures and developers, I am confident to say that it was a mistake to trust Asus the 2nd time. You see, it didn't happen once, but twice did a 'ZenFone'//Asus just disappoint me when I needed it the most.

I don't think it's excusable to come across basic functionalities like cellular and camera of the phone stay bug-ridden for an extended amount of time, and then instead of doing the most-apparent job (i.e., to do damage-control and provide fixes), it turns a blind-eye, and the next thing I know is that somebody is here to be so defensive. Moreover, it's funny how what you said was not even a plausible reason that might sound solid-enough to be even believable for the very least.

It feels like gaslighting. Abandoning a 'flagship' which was supposed to give an extended "we will replace with a new unit if anything goes wrong with your unit until that gets fixed" policy, which is now something like "sorry your phone is a bit out of warranty and we know that one of our 'updates' bugged-up the camera and cellular so bad you literally either have to PAY for the repair or just get a new phone".

Okay. But I heard it all last time, put my trust and so I bought the new ZenFone 5Z, you know? What has changed?

Absolutely nothing.

Now I don't think there's a way back by any chance. I think we as users need to stand-up to this corporate overlord practices and really assert that we are the people who are paying for a good product and it's a responsibility, like an involved relationship, and you just can't be so wreckless about things like these and be so defensive. I'm sorry, but I think I'mma pass.

Thank you.

View post
Everyone's problem is the same as mine. Zenfone 5z. We want a final update with bugs fixed. It's that simple and clear. How difficult can this be for you?

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Of course, it is easier for you not to see what I write!