cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I GET RID OF MINOR HAIRLINE SCRATCHES

sankesh
Star III
Hi,
Since i don't like to use any kind of screen protection i have got few hairline scratches in my device. Is there any way to get rid of them.
If you think i should use scratch guard were can i get it. since all the online ones are not perfect fit.
I am from India, Mumbai.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Not really. "Glass is glass" and "scratches at level 6 with deeper grooves at level 7". You can't cheat physics. Sand is at level 9 on Mohs scale so without additional protection any device will get scratched eventually. If you try to grind it off you'll destroy oleophobic coating with it. If you dislike screen protectors, I'd advice you to get used to them. They're not that visible.

Shivendra
Star III
@ColorSage thats full reference to Jerry (zack ) and other then ignoring the scratch there isn't a way you can remove scratch other than replacing the screen which i dont think is nessessary in your case

paras0710
Rising Star II
sankesh

Hi,

Since i don't like to use any kind of screen protection i have got few hairline scratches in my device. Is there any way to get rid of them.

If you think i should use scratch guard were can i get it. since all the online ones are not perfect fit.

I am from India, Mumbai.

Thanks

CAN I GET RID OF MINOR HAIRLINE SCRATCHES
You cant do anything to get rid of it just install tempered glass hairline scratches will not appear.
Don't use edge to edge tempered glass they are perfect fit but covers half of notification led and proximity sensors i also had problem where shadow of writing on it still visible after installation writing like'For Zenfone 6'.
Then i used this one
SmartLike Gorilla Tempered Glass for Asus Zenfone 6z - Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SC4GPKD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tuFIDbVTP7SEA
Its alright install carefully as screen size is exactly as tempered glass side by side. top and bottom is ok bubble only appears at bottom which i filled with gel from gel pen refill now no air bubbles. See pic below
A0LK1WGLZESB.jpg

sankesh
Star III
Hi
I have just ordered a screen protector from gadget shieldz....lets see how that works out!!.
Thanks!!!