This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update 122.22

off2fly115
Rising Star II
New Update just rolled out. What do you guys think?
screenshot-20210927-211448436.jpg

73 REPLIES 73

Blumi
Rising Star II
daniel91m

With each new update, I feel more and more despair - the battery is very weak.

View post
Actually I am quite fond of it. I'm coming from Samsung Galaxy s10e, which got me around 3h SOT. With Zenfone 8 I am getting 7 while being fully charged. For me it got better after the update.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Blumi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188270#Comment_188270

Actually I am quite fond of it. I'm coming from Samsung Galaxy s10e, which got me around 3h SOT. With Zenfone 8 I am getting 7 while being fully charged. For me it got better after the update.

View post
forgive me, but I don't believe in sot = 7h (unless you are using your smartphone in some abstract way to me)
S10e has a 900mA smaller battery.

dron39
Rising Star II
Don't know guys how do you reach such SOT (I mean 6-7), for me 4:47 hours of screen is maximum on 1% of battery. Maybe 5:30 on custom kernel.
Dynamic mode (on battery level below 20% it switches to Durable with 60Hz), 5G off. BT, GPS, WI-Fi always on. Mobile internet also turned always on, but it is not active while Wi-Fi connection is estabilished (most of the time).
16/256. Maybe it's RAM consume too much energy, idk. Percentage of battery is also not relatve here. It could go down from 5% to 1% for 1hour. And from 90% to 80% for 20 minutes. How???

cicagorio
Rising Star II
dron39

Don't know guys how do you reach such SOT (I mean 6-7), for me 4:47 hours of screen is maximum on 1% of battery. Maybe 5:30 on custom kernel.

Dynamic mode (on battery level below 20% it switches to Durable with 60Hz), 5G off. BT, GPS, WI-Fi always on. Mobile internet also turned always on, but it is not active while Wi-Fi connection is estabilished (most of the time).

16/256. Maybe it's RAM consume too much energy, idk. Percentage of battery is also not relatve here. It could go down from 5% to 1% for 1hour. And from 90% to 80% for 20 minutes. How???

View post
I also get 6-7 SoT, normal usage, 90Hz refresh rate, durable mode

pipsss81
Rising Star I
It depends on what you are doing. You can watch youtube 10 hours on full charge easily, because it is highly optimized. But when you are browsing, using camera, apps, playing games, it can be half of that.
I also have problems with games. I use dynamic mode and sometimes games run easily 60fps, but sometimes it struggles and runs around 40 fps. in both cases CPU and GPU are used under 40% load. It looks like dynamic mode sometimes limits resources. There should be an option to disable limit for certain apps. I dont want to set high performance mode each time i want to play for few minutes.