This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You'll need the Internet for this" When Connecting to MS Store in order to install any MS App.

jonyeh_la
Star I

System: ROG Strix -- a Laptop from ASUS
Battery or AC: both
Model: G531GU
Frequency of occurrence: Every time
Reset OS: Windows 10 Home
Screenshot or video:
=======================
microsoft-store-validation-error-capture-jpg.jpg
=
Detailed description:
Whenever I tried to install any Microsoft app, such as to configure my Mail for an Outlook EMail Account, the system tried to connect me to the MS Store to validate my account, then I get this error. This happens while my YouTube is playing on the side -- This indicates me my WiFi is working. Please see the uploaded image.
I also did a debug using Windows System's tool to check the WiFi connection issue, it says everything is OK except that Microsoft.com website is not responding.
I then used an ACER Laptop computer to do the same thing, and I did not get such error. So that means it is not the problem of my WiFi network. And more likely it is the problem of the ACER Laptop.
This is such a serious problem that I cannot activate my MS Office Professional Plus 2019 license online. I had to make a phone call to Microsoft store in order to get my license validated.
This is a freshly Motherboard Fixed by ASUS factory in USA. I'll appreciate if any comments that can help on this.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Are you using any firewall or VPN program at the same time? or is there proxy set up?
And did you log in to your microsoft account on the device or only in the apps like outlook?
Thank you.

jonyeh_la
Star I
Thanks for the response.
1) My VPN is not connected.
2) The Firewall is on for sure as part of the Windows Security requirement.
3) There is no special Proxy setup in my ASUS Laptop is shown in the the attached screenshot. I am a laymen in Proxy setting. Please advise.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jonyeh,
Did you log in to your microsoft account on the laptop or only in the apps like outlook?
Are they the same account?
Thank you.

jonyeh_la
Star I
This is a laptop of my wife. I attempted to login to this laptop using her Microsoft Outlook account with suffix "@Outlook.com" at the WIndow10's built in app Mail, and it never worked. My attempt to add license key to her Office 2019 Pro Enterprise had the same experience, and I had to make a phone call to activate this office license manually.