To high calls volume

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 7
  2. Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.112
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Allways
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): All comuncators apps eg(Duo, Messanger)

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello, after latest update i start to have problems with to high volume in apps. While im in a conversation volume is not responding, its always in highest level. But when i tried call at skype it was normal until i turn my cameera on.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 29

Hi @iga.miszewska,

Can you specify with which apps are you experiencing this?

Also can you please screen record this on your device?

I will PM you in case you prefer to show this in a PM.

• Hi, now i only use Google Duo, Messanger and Skype. I prefer to describe it more complex to you. So when im in a call eg Duo, and use button vol+/- its not respodning at all. Even if call volume is the lowest its not, its like u have max volume of call all the time. Sometimes after restart its responding but after next call the probelm is back.

• I have the same issue, on WhatsApp or Threema or Duo :(

• The same thing happened to Zenfone 8 before and it was fixed not too long ago so I guess they shared some of the the codes in between devices and so the same bug appear

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52999/how-to-adjust-ear-speaker-volume#latest

• 1Steve1Steve Level 1

Experiencing this as well. The call volume settings isn't working. Call volume is maxed out during calls.

• Hi @1Steve , @miguelsmatos

I will send you both a PM too, with further steps to take a look at this case ;)

• Thank you @Irene2_ASUS, hope my logs help diagnosing the issue :)

• Thanks a lot for reporting it and your logs.

We are currently investigating this issue.

• mickey10021mickey10021 Level 2
    edited October 5

Even with recent rog 3 update has no call volume issue and also fixed in rog 5S so far.

Maybe the codebase on zf7 was older than rog 3. They probably forgot to merge the code and recheck this bug before push a new update or the update was already planned before apply call volumn fix (most likely). Either way, I hope it will get fix soon.

• Is there any update on this? Or does anyone know of a workaround?

The volume is so loud everyone around can hear my calls... Getting really frustrated.

• В whats app не регулируется громкость, все на максимум, как исправить?

• Да у всех так. Разработчики может быть исправят, когда-нибудь.

• Большое спасибо!

• Don't get me wrong, being helpful for someone speaking your language it is something to be appreciated. But this forum it is in English, and probably it is polited to keep it in this way, as the users are coming from different countries, but respecting the easy "universal" way of understanding. At any time in here we can address private messages to a person if it is intended to do so in the native language of that person, but for the rest of us, will remain the Google translate service. Yeah, sure, we can simply get over it, but this is not the matter in here. I am not trolling, just saying :) Cheers!

• In the hope of helping fellow users: ASUS announced an update that would fix this issue; however, I just got the information that the same OTA release has been postponed.

As Threema is my main mean of communication and this bug is so bad it either cuts off the other person (with the volume being so loud) or makes my ears pop, I'll soon have to consider buying a different device.

Hopefully there are sufficient resources tackling this or I'll be getting a Pixel by Christmas.

• I have the same volume issue on a zenfone 7 pro, asus-i002d. On videocallsthe volume level is at maximum on messenger or WhatsApp. It stays the same even if i see the bar going down when I lower it. There is no issue in the normal calls though.

• KawaKawa Level 1

I also experience the same issue in zenfone7, always max volume in normal phone calls, voice mails and even in some apps of calling like line, wechat. How to fix it?

• Same shit. They don't even bother to fix this I guess. Probably gonna go back to previous version.

• Hello @Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS,

Any updates? Any response? Is the company still alive?

• I think they busy now with A12 and don't care A11.