cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue

hritcan_adrian
Star II
Hello all,
Just purchased a Zenphone 7 a month ago, software version 30.41.69.112.
I have an issue with Bluetooth and USB connection, android auto used to work on my old phone just plug in and connect with no issues, now with the Zenphone that's not possible, USB settings are grey-out so cannot switch to data transfer.
Bluetooth randomly cuts out when connected to car hands free or with the Bluetooth headphones. Audio just played through the bottom speaker and it stuck like that until I reset it.
When watching a YouTube video, it stops and audio it's back to playing just from the mono speaker.
I've tried it all, watched all the videos and read the forum posts, and even gave Asus technical team a try, one email a day from them for past 2 weeks.
The solution they offer is to send the phone back for it to be "fixed ", how will they solve a software issues not to sure?!
And to add some more issues just want to mention, sometimes no audio when recording a video, when I get a phone call it's coming up as unknown number even though caller confirms they have not changed their settings etc.
What are my options, anyone ever had this issue or similar?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6

hritcan_adrian
Star II
Update
After another reset still same problem with audio , the way to connect to usb is with developer settings.
Can someone for Asus reply with a solution , or just sell it ?

hritcan_adrian
Star II
screenshot-20210928-201451075.jpg
See attached Bluetooth settings when connected to device

Roystoys
Zen Master III
hritcan.adrian

Hello all,

Just purchased a Zenphone 7 a month ago, software version 30.41.69.112.

I have an issue with Bluetooth and USB connection, android auto used to work on my old phone just plug in and connect with no issues, now with the Zenphone that's not possible, USB settings are grey-out so cannot switch to data transfer.

Bluetooth randomly cuts out when connected to car hands free or with the Bluetooth headphones. Audio just played through the bottom speaker and it stuck like that until I reset it.

When watching a YouTube video, it stops and audio it's back to playing just from the mono speaker.

I've tried it all, watched all the videos and read the forum posts, and even gave Asus technical team a try, one email a day from them for past 2 weeks.

The solution they offer is to send the phone back for it to be "fixed ", how will they solve a software issues not to sure?!

And to add some more issues just want to mention, sometimes no audio when recording a video, when I get a phone call it's coming up as unknown number even though caller confirms they have not changed their settings etc.

What are my options, anyone ever had this issue or similar?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

screenshot-20210927-150713751.jpg

Issue
It doesn't sound like a software issue. If your Bluetooth is cutting out/ disconnecting it sounds like a radio problem, I had a pixel 5 that did exactly what your explaining so I sent it back got a refund and sold it
Once bitten twice shy , and all that. Send it back it's not right
PS if you sell it the way it is you have to live with yourself knowing that you have passed on a dodgy phone , not a nice thing to do to your brothers and sisters

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
For bluetooth issues maybe you could try this reset:
Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For cable issues change the cable...I had those as well , I could not connect to the device with 2 cables but a 3rd worked fine...